Posts by ComplexSun

I used 2 loaf cakes to make this cake and pieced it all together. It is sculpted, and it was actually much easier than I thought it would be. I've changed it so that now people can leave comments on my pictures too just so you all know. Thanks again for all the kudos, I really appreciate it! Thanks again, and happy decorating!
Hi Again everyone....Well to everyone who I had talked to and was wondering if I succeeded in making a 3D Eeyore cake for my daughter's Birthday, I thought I'd send off this post just to let everyone know how I did. I must say that although it's not completely horrible, I'm not totally happy with it.....but then again I always say that and somehow people seem to like what I do. LoL so without further adue, here is a picture of the finished cake. In My photos I mean, it...
Hi there, I just thought I'd quickly reply to your post. I did a 3d eeyore cake for my daughter's birthday last year. I'd post the pictures up here for you, but my computer crashed a few months ago and I lost everything. I haven't yet had a chance to go through all of my hard copy pictures and get everything scanned yet.As for colours for the eeyore, I used wilton colours and these are the colours I used.For his body I used cornflower blue, but you could also use...
Well everyone, just thought I'd give you the latest update. Just spoke with the mother of the bride, and the bride wants the sheet cakes displayed along side the wedding cake. Now I have to come up with some kind of decorating ideas for the sheet cakes.......*starting to pull my hair out now*.Thanks again everyone, and happy decorating.Melissa
Thanks again everyone for your help and suggestions, it's greatly appreciated. I gave the bride some sketches and suggestions a week or so ago, but I haven't heard anything back from her yet, so I don't know what to think.....I know the wedding isn't for a while, but I would like to keep communication with her you know what I mean.....Thanks again, and happy decorating,Melissa
Thanks so much redred, I was looking for something along that lines.....you're a lifesaver!!!!!Now I just have to come up with something for the sheetcakes....*Putting my thinking cap on*Thanks againMelissa
Anyone have any design ideas though, I'm coming up a little dry there.Thanks againMelissa
Hi Everyone,I just got my first Wedding cake order!!!!! Yay!!!!! I was just talking with the mother of the bride (whom I work with) and she just gave me the ideas that the bride has. Any help anyone out here would give me would be greatly appreciated.........The instructions are as follows:"I would like white fondant to cover the entire cake, possibley both sections done separately so I can keep the top portion (For our first anniversary). Cake will be triple chocolate...
FBCT is the short form for Frozen ButterCream Transfer.It's very easy to do, and you can find directions right here on the site if you're interested. I plan to use this technique as much as possible, it makes everything move so smoothly, because you can do it in advance (I did mine they day before), then just "slap" it on the cake when you're ready. I definately recommend this technique to all who may not have tried it yet.Keep Decorating!Melissa
Thanks everyone for the great comments, I really appreciate it. I have to do another FBCT next week for another birthday cake for a girl from work's son. Hopefully it will turn out as well, if not better. I'll have to post pics of that one once it's done too.The handwriting is freehand on this one, not FBCT, I just wanted it to look whimsical. I got the idea from an ad that I saw in a magazine that had similar curly-cue type writing. I was pretty pleased with the end...