Posts by kaylascakes

My friend is about to graduate from university and I wanted to make him a cake. The thing is theres so many great graduation cakes I can't decide on a design. I've also been thinking about making him a cake with his favourite character from this game Street Fighter IV (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g181/jtruong008/20080928WOTS-StreetFighterTribute/2008AlvinLee-CrimsonViper.jpg)that he is literally obsessed with. Both ideas sound like they'd be fun to do and I've got...
its for a boy
Bump
Im desperate for ideas and i dont know what theme i could use. the customer has requested that it be a no. 1 shaped cake but i dont what to decorate it with. my ideas so far are a jungle theme, train theme and the cake surrounded with mini present cakes. HELP PLEASE TIA!
thanks everyone for the really nice comments. thank you lots and lots for your help on pricing too. kayla x
This cake is a 8" sponge cake filled with buttercream and jam then covered in fondant with gum paste decorations and buttercream piping. I'm only a beginner and I have learnt everything from books, no classes and I'm 15. What do you think and How much do you usually charge for a cake like this?thanks Kayla
dont know if this is any help but if you grate the shortening before adding liquid and ps it is really easy to mix by hand though a little messy
dont know if this is any help but if you grate the shortening before adding liquid and ps it is really easy to mix by hand though a little messy
I went all the way to London (I live in the Uk but it was still 2 1/2 hrs in the car) to get my book signed by jk Rowling at the natural history museum at 5.45 in the morning but the 2 hours waiting and no sleep was worth it. read it in the line, when i got home at 8- about 12 then fell asleep and read it from about 4.30 to 1.55am so probs managed it in around 14 hours. so sad its over
Thanks everyone. the rose are made of marzipan b/c i find it easier than fondant. kayla x