Posts by berna

flayvurdfun, thanks for your response. I just took the cake out of the oven and it looks great so far.... I'm not decorating it for a couple of weeks, so when it cools I'm going to freeze it and transport it frozen, with me on my travels to my daughter's house. I plan to decorate it the day of the party. When I rented the pan this morning, I "sprang" for the Dora Kit and also bought the Violet Colour and I plan on "winging" it as far as the other colours go by using...
m0use and Khiggins, thanks very much for input.m0use, I've copied Ladycakes' Coloring Chart and Khiggins I replied to you separately saying that I'd love to see the picture of your Dora Cake. I'm not too computer saavy and don't know if I did it correctly, but let me know if I made a mistake.
First of all thank-you to Ladycakes and m0use for already responding to me earlier about this cake, which I am going to make for grandaughter's 2nd birthday.The instructions say I "need" the "Dora The Explorer Icing Color Kit" - which includes ONLY some of the colours needed - Skin Tone, Brown, Pink, Red, and ALSO instructions further state that I ALSO NEED "Wilton" Icing Colors in Black, (which I already have), Lemon Yellow, Violet and Royal Blue - MY QUESTION IS can I...
ill rent the pan to make this cake, but will make the cake ahead and freeze it. Won't be decorating it for a couple of weeks after, but won't have the instructions anymore that come with the cake (they go back with the pan).. Anybody here have the instructions for Dora the Explorer cake?
I want to use No Crust Buttercream Icing recipe for a Dora Cake and noticed that the instructions call for 1 1/4 sticks (or 3/4 cup) unsalted butter. I'm in Canada and I've never seen butter in sticks only the regular brick shaped version. Anyways, wouldn't "1 1/2" sticks equal 3/4 cup, which means 1 1/4 sticks would be less than 3/4 cups? Sorry to be so anal about this, but I'm new to making decorated cakes and am worried that even a slight difference in the butter...