Posts by January202

Wow, thank you for the replies! This will help me a lot!!! I am going to try to bake a tier a night throughout the week, freezing them til Friday morning. I work full time, and part time, so this will definitely help me out. Cupcakeco - thanks for the awesome tip on taking inventory! I will definitely do that tonight! Oh, I just realized I double-posted this topic...my computer was acting screwy Saturday when I made the original topic post...
I am horrible at judging how long it will take me to accomplish a particular task...Having said that, I am making my friend's wedding cake for Saturday, August 1st 2009. (Next Saturday!) Any assistance with developing a time line for completing this cake would be greatly appreciated. These are the details:- Three stacked tiers: 12", 10", and 8".- All three tiers are covered in marshmallow fondant. Cakes will have buttercream between the layers.- Cake will have fondant...
I am horrible at judging how long it will take me to accomplish a particular task...Having said that, I am making my friend's wedding cake for Saturday, August 1st 2009. (Next Saturday!) Any assistance with developing a time line for completing this cake would be greatly appreciated. These are the details:- Three stacked tiers: 12", 10", and 8".- All three tiers are covered in marshmallow fondant. Cakes will have buttercream between the layers.- Cake will have fondant...
Glad you brought up BabelFish...that is what I was going to suggest...I used it once to translate a comment from English to Portuguese, for the very reason mentioned above: I came across a cake in the galleries that I found to be amazing, and wanted to comment on it, but I wanted to make sure the artist of the cake understood what I commented. So I typed my phrase into BabelFish and it translated it right into Portuguese for me!
HA HA HA HA!!!
Rather extreme, but I think I like it...so how do you get them to stand up now that they have no bottoms?
I washed the plastic pieces to my Wilton Castle Kit Saturday...today is Monday and after drying out for 2 1/2 days, some of the pieces still have water in them...what's that all about? Anyone else have this issue? Any recommendations for getting the water out? (Not so sure how it got in there, but hey...) I'd hate for the water to stagnate in there and then leak out should I use the kit for another cake in the future. Not to mention it might get smelly...
Reece - Do you mean you actually use a piece of thread to torte the cake? Would you please describe this a little more? My husband told me that his mother gets perfectly level cakes just by using a piece of thread, and her cakes come out accurate every time, and why don't I do it that way so my cakes come out perfectly torted just like his mother's cakes...etc....You know I think he thinks his mom walks on water too.
The blade on my large Wilton leveler has weakened and the same thing happens to me - the cake ends up leveling upward, not even...I've had to use my forefinger and middle finger to manipulate the blade by applying pressure and pushing down on the blade as I slowly work it through the cake...kinda sucks. Which leaves me to wonder...is there a happy medium between the Wilton large leveler and the Agbay? By happy medium I mean affordability as well as being able to perform...
Mariahuertas - Gracias por el cumplido...para contestar tu pregunta, empeze a estudiar el espanol en la escuela secundaria (high school) y estudie 4 anos. Entonces cuando fui a la universidad estudie sicologia con una concentracion en espanol. Quise aprender aun mas, asi que fui a mexico con un programa de intercambio. Vivia en Monterrey, Mexico (ah ay! arriba el norte!!) por un semestre. Eso me ayudo mucho. Y ahora soy una trabajadora social, trabajando con la...