Posts by gakali

No, I didn't see an attachment at all.....thanks for trying!
Thanks, but all I need is to see a picture of the cake. I am planning on ordering the book, but I was hoping a fellow CC'er would have the book handy and would be able to post the pic. That way I wouldn't have to wait until my book arrives in the mail.....
It's not the tiered cakes book - I have that one. It's called "Wilton Wedding Style".
My friend from out of town wants me to make the "Snow Garden" cake on page 10. I cannot find the book anywhere - it is out of stock in every store around here. Is there any chance someone could please please scan the picture of that cake and send it to me? I would SO appreciate that! I can give you my e-mail address if that's an easier way to send it Thanks in advance!
Hi there. I just made a 3-D lightbulb cake for my children's student teacher. Apparently he taught a unit on electricity. Tomorrow is his last day in their class. I need some kind of saying - teacher wants some kind of "you're the greatest" sentiment. All I can think of is "You light up our class", and "You're the brightest teacher ever"......Do any of you creative people have a better idea?! Thanks in advance!
Did you soften your butter in the microwave? I've had that happen to my icing before if the butter got too warm (too "melted") in the microwave.....
I do the dots after. I just add them to every corner/point.
That's why I "dip dot"!! It makes my very amateur-looking writing look pretty cool! I get compliments on my writing now all the time. Which makes me giggle because I always think "if you only saw it BEFORE I added the dip dots....!"
Hi there. I have a wedding cake due Saturday. The bride is planning on having fresh calla lilies on the top tier, instead of a topper. She wants 2 lilies lying down on the top. I've never put fresh flowers on a cake before, and calla lilies are not listed as non-toxic in the CC article....Should I do something to these flowers like lie them on plastic wrap/parchment paper? Will they even stay alive-looking for the whole evening, just lying there? Thanks in advance...
Hi everyone. I have a bride who wants to know ALL her options with prices for a tiered wedding cake for 80. She would also consider a tiered cake + cupcakes. For you more experienced wedding cakers - how do you do this? Do you have a package of info with wedding cake options that you would give to a bride? There are so many options....stacked, pillared, both stacked and pillared, various stands that could be rented, bc vs. fondant, dummy cakes.....I'm procrastinating...