Posts by bonton

How many layers per tier do most of you use for your wedding cakes..does it depend on the height you want, personal preference and of course the customer. Or do you mix them up; for instance your bottom tier will be two layers, middle tier 3 layers.. Just curious...ThanksBonton
Girl give her the cake!
ZencakesI use simple syrup exclusively for all my cakes...I use 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup rum or other flavored alcohol for instance; mango, pineapple, coconut, etc. It depends on the flavor of the cake. or you can just use 1 cup of water.I let the simple syrup reduce to almost 3/4 cup..cook slowly over low heat..I try to make it ahead of time, I want the simple syrup to be syrupy not watery. You might want to start make the syrup while the cake is baking..Also,...
Purchased a leveler, not the laser one.., purchased new magic line cake pans, read most of the post on smoothing butter cream icing, stacking methods, so I feel that I am armed and dangerous. The cake that I am doing this weekend is 12-10-8...My question is: I will have (2) layers per tier...so do I level each individual layer first; make adjustments if necessary, then put the two layers together with filling, (crumb coat) then measure again for levelness?, etc. I...
I could kick myself for only ordering the one set..but cash flow was tight..but I will order another set soon...
My pans came today, I am so excited...and i can't wait to use them.
Bridge72 Do you have any idea on how long a back order takes? Thanks to yourpost I order a set today.thanksBonton
Would RI roses work for this look? or would they be too heavy to stay put. My roses look like cabbage, so I purchase already made roses in various colors when i want to use roses.Thanksbonton
Thanks and yes that helps.bonton
Thank You Leah... This was helpful...Bonton