Posts by amycake

Yum I can't wait to try to make these. They sound delish and dangerous. LOL
mike1394 how much peanut butter to you add to the fluff?? I would love to try this.amycake
here is one that tasted really good for me.Ingredients4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted1/2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted3/4 cup smooth peanut butter1/4 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon vanilla extractDirectionsStir together all ingredients until smooth. Use immediately.
I did dry the bows. I made the loops on Monday. Then assembled on Thursday. This has never happened to me and in my photos you can see I have made several before. Just don't understand really what went wrong. Puzzle to me.
I am almost afraid to do another bow for fear that it will be a horror show again. I am so glad it was family. Otherwise I don't know how understanding they would have been. I am going to have to practice bows just for the heck of it.
Thank you for your help with this. Maybe I will just try to do all gumpaste next time. I hope this does not happen again
Well I had my first cake nightmare and thank goodness it was for my family, but that still did not make me feel any better. I made her a sweet 16 cake with a fondant bow on top you can see in my photos. Then but morning the bow completely crushed like it melted. I live in RI not that humid yet. Can anyone please help me and tell me why this would happen and if I should use something else in the fondant to make it stay and get rock hard. HELP!!! As I make bows and...
I have to tell you I am usually not one to knock anyone's work as mine is not the best yet. But it made me feel good this am to see this cake because I delivered a cake this am and the bow just fell from humidity and I felt horrible. Thank god it was family. This is the cake before the bow crashed. I have to say this made me feel better. LOLAmycake
Hi There,I my opinion it looks beautiful. You have done a great job and I wish I could do that. I would be happy if I were the bride. Nice work!amycake
Hi there, I use this color all the time and you can use the Americolor Avacado and this is the color it becomes. I have used it in some of my photos if you want to look. The more you use the deeper it gets. Hope this helps.amycake