Posts by donnadol

Your cake is adorable! no wonder the kids went nuts!
[QUOTE="Sherry0565"]Anyway, I learn something new everyday.....It's an on going learning experience! I agree with Sherry, it is a continous learning process. I fell in love with baking when I was in high school when I took baking as an elective. But it took me 6 years before I made my very first cake. It was not the great tasting - perfect cake but I was happy. From then on I practiced and make cakes for my family and close friends as gifts. I was very glad I found cake...
Thank you very much adven68 for sharing. Keep up the good work! Thanks again.
does the problem occur when using buttercream or fondant? I usually have problems with my fondant if the mixture wasn't mixed well, if the glucose and or glycerin wasn't well melted. I also got this specks in my buttercream but wasn't sure why....
I agree.... It is so wonderful! can you please teach me how you did it? never tried to make a whimsical cake and yours is an inspiration!
you can visit this link-- http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&sort=recipename&sort_dir=ASC&op=search&chname=X&chingredients=X&searchtext=Cream+Cheese+&cat_id=47&x=39&y=11.
There was a lenghty forum about this in this site and I can not find them now . you can visit this link : http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1353&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15. I forgot the page but i do know the person who contributed the hi-ratio recipe it is CECULSK.... I found it and its on page 5.
hi kirahh,you can actually find a lot about MMF (Marshmallow Fondant) in this site with great photos too. you can use the search field found on the upper right side of the monitor. just key in MMF or marshmallow.
hi,I just made a cake 2 days ago with FBCT on it and refregirated it overnight, the colors didn't run it was fine yesterday. I placed it inside a box (I made it using cardboard material) to protect from water droppings, any odor inside the fridge that may contaminate it and from my child's fingers (lol).
Hi Pinas, you may want to try this. I got this recipe from a cake decorator whos is very famous from where I came from. It can withstand humidity, it does not meltYou will need the following:  1 Tbsp. Unflavored gelatin ( i use KNOX) 1 tsp. flavor of choice  ¼ cup very cold water  ½ cup liquid glucose  1 Tbsp. glycerin  2 Tbsp. shortening (Crisco)  2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar (you may need more)  Food color / paste of your choice  Cornstarch for rolling (to...