Posts by dragonwarlord1969

Umm, it tastes like, err, umm, not very good. BUT! used in baking, WOW! Joe
I find mine in the spice section. Most major retailers should have the, I'd be weary of the smaller guys as there prices tend to be higher and their beans dryer.Joe
For baking I make my own extract. For frosting, I use clear imitation extract. Here's my recipe for vanilla extract.“PURE” Vanilla ExtractOne fifth of vodka6 vanilla beans (look for “sticky” looking ones as they will be fresher)Take 3 beans and cut them in half and split lengthwise exposing the seeds. Drop them in the bottle of vodka. Shake bottle everyday for a month.Drain the vodka on a bowl and discard the beans, refill bottle. Halve and split 3 more beans and drop in...
I like there ideas and will probably incorporate some animatronics in future cakes. Mechanically they're not that hard. But the prep time is greatly increased.Joe
I found this a while ago. It's completely ediblehttp://www.theyrecoming.com/extras/pumpkinfest03/It is tryely one of the weirdest cakes I've ever seen!Joe
No problem caduchi. I actually like picking on people who put a Hi Ladies in there post Good luck on finding the shortning Joe
Even though I'm not a lady I'll still answer. Do you have a cake decorating store in your area? Hi-ratio shortnings are the best. I use Sweetex. If you don't mind me asking, where is here? Joe
I found this at www.usabride.comThe groom’s cake is suppose to be a gift from the bride to the groom. In ancient times, it was believed that if a single woman put a piece of the groom’s cake under her pillow, she would dream that night of the man she would marry. This cake is usually dark, liquor-soaked, CHOCOLATE, or deep chocolate fudge. The cake would be displayed next to the wedding cake and later cut up and put in small white boxes for the guests to bring home....
Hi Teddybearmom! I got mine on ebay for $30 and turned around and sold the cartridges for $17. My printer ended up costing me $13 I don't include shipping costs, it makes it sound better! Just a thought to help reduce costs if your gonna solely use the printer for edible images.Joe
My story is unusual to say the least. I was set up on a blind date with the future Mrs. Warlord My (then) best friend's (then) wife worked with my DW at a drug store. The (then)'s are a long story all in itself. She said we would be perfect together. We went out to see a movie and after talking to her for 5 minutes, I knew she was to become, Mrs. Warlord!! (bwa-ha-ha) However, our first date was the very day she was suppossed to get married to another. He broke...