Posts by dragonwarlord1969

For conversions I use:http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking.htmThere's also other a TON of other conversions on that site. i wish they had that when I was in college. Joe
I use Dream Whip bc for all my cakes and it's easy to work with. The only down side is you really need a stand mixer for it. I have to beat mine on high for literally 10 to 15 minutes. But it is worth it IMHO. Joe
I agree with Tina. I find that chat rooms often leave a lot of people out and only 2 or 3 people are talking. I like th ePM much better.Joe
I was watching Alton Brown decorate a cake and he used unwaxed dental floss to torte a cake. Has anybody tried this? I do like the leveler, it looks pretty sweet!Joe
Ok, that cake is pretty darn amazing for not having taken classes! I am too ashamed to show my first cake after completed course I. The flower cake was much better and I more proud of it! I can't wait to see what you do after yo utake the courses! Joe
I'd buy a few and compare them to the Wilton ones. Joe
I vote against a "lounge area" I think it would cause some fifts in the CC family. Working in customer service, I find that once you get a bad impression about someone, it sticks with them for a very long time. Then again, I might be wrong and nobody takes offense to what somebody else said. I hope it makes sense.Joe
Thanks for the tips! After Christmas I'm gonna start experimenting with MMF. I've worked with fondant once in class and really liked it. I'm sure this has been asked but, flavor aside, how do the two compare?Joe
I feel your pain! I did a cake for work and found my cat standing on the box is was in. he just bent part of the top border and squished some of the letters. Thankfully nobody noticed!!! Joe
hello!Has anybody made this for topping on pie? I'm going to my aunts on Thanksgiving and would like to make this ahead of time and take with so I don't have to whip it up there. She lives about 45 minutes away, freeway time.thanks,Joe