Posts by JawdroppingCakes

Thanks for the info!
I have made this many times. I just brew a few cups of coffee and use the amount that is needed. This enhances the flavor of the chocolate. I have made it many times without the coffee as well and just use water in place of the coffee. It is still just as good. Hope this helps
I have been wondering the same thing! I have been looking for a vanilla cake that has the same texture as the chocolate cake from epicurious.
Thank you all for your help!
If I make the Smbc can I still cover it in fondants?
thanks ladies! Any other ideas?
I was asked to make a vanilla cake with a "light fluffy buttercream" that was not sour. Does anyone know of a good lemon buttercream? Can anyone help? Thanks!
I made it for a bachelor cake. I just got a big peice of green fondant that I slightly rolled just so that I would have a flat surface and then I made small pieces in random shapes in brown and black and just placed them on random spots. Then I slowly rolled it out and the pieces stuck together and then I just covered the cake like usual. Hope this helps.
I have airbrushed my bubbles to get the sheen on them at the end. No problems with them messing up...hope that helps...I also have airbrushed color onto them. I have some in one of my pics.
I put it in a ziploc bag and then put it in a bowl of warm water.