Posts by patty7276

If anyone can look at these photos and tell me what happened i would so appreciate it. this is not the first time i have had this problem. i use dh butter cake mix, iced with buttercream(the recipe that is just butter, powdered sugar, milk. no crisco) covered in fondant. I don't know the problem is structural support or the cake or the icing--no clue. help!!!
If anyone can look at these photos and tell me what happened i would so appreciate it. this is not the first time i have had this problem. i use dh butter cake mix, iced with buttercream(the recipe that is just butter, powdered sugar, milk. no crisco) covered in fondant. I don't know the problem is structural support or the cake or the icing--no clue. help!!!
am doing a suitcase cake (this week, i'm afraid) and I wondered what would be the best way to do the travel stickers to go on the suitcase. i do not have an edible image computer,etc. are there places that have them that will print them out for you? is there any other way to go about this? all suggestions welcome. thank you, ...
i love your design and can't wait to see the photos! patty
i did a braided rug once, the picture is in my photos as couch cake. i did the rug using royal icing and a #15 tip. got instructions from a colette peters book, it wasn't difficult. you just cut a cake board into the shape and size you want and pipe over it from the outside in. was kind of fun. patty
am doing a cake this week to look like a bulletin board, using fondant. any suggestions on how to accomplish the look? thanks, patty
glad you liked the board, but i can't take credit for the idea. saw it done elsewhere. and from the sounds of what i should be asking for cakes i am definitely no genius! haha
oh, and i forgot, you are right--my directions made no sense. perhaps i should have said, what should i charge for this cake? and thank you for your comments.
wow. i am soooo undercharging that i'm too ashamed to tell you what i charged. guess i'm afraid noone will order a cake if i charge what i probably should. also, i'm feel i'm not good enough yet to know i can consistently deliver an "almost perfect" product each time so i tend to undercharge until i'm better. ever feel that way?
am fairly new at pricing cakes and would love some feedback from you. what would you charge for this cake? it's 10, 8, 6 tiers, fondant covered. the board is stenciled with royal icing. am not looking for what you think it's worth, but what you would actually charge (does that make sense?) keep in mind that i live in a small town where most people get their cakes from sams or walmart. thanks.