Posts by patty7276

i'd like to make a stacked package cake, would like the packages to be 5 or 6" tall. can i stack three cakes without putting a cake board in between layers 2 and 3? have always thought you should put support every two layers, but then i end up with one short layer on top. any advice? thanks
these suggestions are very helpful--thanks all. kread, your starbucks cup looks great. is that real whipped cream on top?
want to make a starbucks themed cake for my daughters birthday. i don't have access to edible images. would like to make a "label" for the cup, thought about making a chocolate transfer but don't know how to "round it" to fit around the cup. can anyone help me figure this out? thank you
does anyone know if there is a pre-made navy blue fondant out there? i need to make a navy blue football helmet, don't have an airbrush. am afraid adding coloring to blue fondant would make it soft and sticky. could you mix pre-made blue and black? any suggestions welcome. thanks
were you able to get any overhang for the cover? thought about carving in a little bit where the pages would be. not sure if that would work
would like to do a book cake for someone who does not like fondant. can't figure out how to do one with buttercream and have it look real. any advice?
would like to do a book cake for someone who does not like fondant. can't figure out how to do one with buttercream and have it look real. any advice?
never knew there were so many psych people on cc--this is great! as far as her psych interests, going to grad school in clinical psych. half research, half clinical. eventually wants to do counseling. think she's into anxiety and trauma. sounds like a fun cake doesn't it. haha
how creative! thank you. never would have thought to use the greek letter--nice touch
does anyone have an idea for a psychology grad cake? my only thought was text books but i have already done a "book cake" for her (my daughter) on another birthday. any suggestions welcome! thank you.