Posts by freddyfl

Here are the cookies for this month....Family Vacation could be the zoo or a safari for the adventerous or Disney's Animal Kingdom (is that the name of it?) These are done in buttercream. I forgot that the colors deepen with buttercream, so they got much darker than I had planned, but I still think they turned out okay. I am making the cake for them to go on today.
Those are very cute! Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! My son's birthday cake this month might be able to fit in and since my main decorating medium on it will be cookies I can use it for this haha...If I have time I will try and make cookies 'just' for this though.
To me the way it is worded sounds like the baby is sending all his love. Is it a gift cake with a gift tag attached? If so then maybe have is say " For baby Parker, with all our love" or "To Parker, with all our love" or "All our love belongs to Parker"
I spread white buttercream over the entire cookie with a table knife...let it sit for a few minutes and then came back and smoothed it with a paper towel. Piped the outline, then used a paintbrushed dipped in water and "painted"in my other colors of frosting. So the icing isn't flat, but it looks okay that way. I have it in the freezer now to see how well it will defrost , which I am thinking should be fine, because it isn't much different than a FBCT....hey creative...
okay if you just get red "x's" instead of the picture try right clicking it and choosing the option "open in a new tab" and then you should be able to see them. At least that is how I am getting them to show up.
I finally got my cookie done. I tried a new technique using buttercream frosting instead of royal. I think I will have to try the buttercream again.....I know I would like the taste of it better, cuz everything is better with butter! LOL =)This is from a Sandra Boynton book called Philidelphia Chickens and the song/story is Please Can I keep It. Very cute song and I love the "thing" that followed the bunny home. Oh and I just squeaked by and posted my post in April...
For some reason I can't see the new cookie pics hmmm frustrating. I have my cookie baked, I just have to get it decorated....maybe tomorrow! I will get it done, I will get it done, I will get it done! LOL...... quick update on Karson....all tests have come back negative, have no idea what he had but he has gained at least two pounds since we went the the hospital. We have a follow up on Thursday and I am hoping that after that we will be back to just normal well baby...
It usually dulls after fully drying. I don't know if there is such a thing as a shiney fully dried royal. Sorry.
Thank you so much for all the support everyone! My son seems to be doing amazing....now he just needs to gain weight. Pebbles those cookies are awesome. I love them. I still want to get to my cookies...maybe this weekend.
THanks for all your thoughts and prayers. After a bunch of tests and ultrasounds, x rays, and a CT scan it came back that he does not have cancer SO WAHOOOOO. WE still don't know what caused him to have the elevated ESR and fevers up to 105, but I am very happy just knowing that it isn't cancer. We are still going through the process of trying to figure things out after spending the last 3 1/2 days at Army hospital. We have a few follow ups left but after that I think...