Posts by Skylar

Thank you briansbaker. I haven't tried the neon colors yet.
I have been mixing and mixing trying to get the right color, but can't get it. I'm trying to color fondant for Hawaiian theme and want the fushia/pink color you usually see on party favors. Any ideas of which colors to mix? Thanks so much!
Thanks MrsMissey!
I'm making a german chocolate cake from a box mix. What should I add to it? Sour cream... extra egg... pudding(what flavor)... I want to make sure it tastes great, is moist, and rises well. Thanks!
Hi! My sister in law would like a cake for her daughter's 11th bday. The theme is Hawaiian. I would love to put hisbiscus gumpaste flowers on it, but I'm having a hard time finding directions for making these. Anyone have suggestions of where to look? or another idea for flowers on the cake? I know I could do a bct, but wanted something different. Thanks!
I always use the Wilton recipe, but instead of all shortening, I use 1/2 shortening and 1/2 butter. I also use heavy cream instead of water. Everyone loves the taste.
Thanks for all of your replies. I just got around to reading them because our house was struck by lightning and we just got back online. I will try out these ideas and let you know how it goes. I really want to have a great cake from scratch. Thanks again.
I have used two different recipes to make a yellow cake from scratch. They both turned out extremely dry. Luckily, they were for my family. I usually just use a box recipe, but I want to be able to bake a cake from scratch that is not like the desert! Any suggestions? Thanks!
I have made cali4dawn's chocolate explosion cake that I got off this website. I covered it with chocolate buttercream icing and then with chocolate ganache. Everyone loved it!
I have the sifter from Williams and Sonoma. I really like it, but you have to be careful sifting because the powdered sugar gets thrown out very easily. You have to sift slow and smoothly.