Posts by cfao

I had a couple last fall that spent a day doing cake appointments, I was #3 out of the 4 they were meeting with. When they came in, he said they almost didn't even drive in since I am a home business and the 2 prior appointments were also home businesses. They did their tasting, he loved my cakes & he wanted to book on the spot, she kept harping on she wanted a cake from a "real" bakery. Even though my license is on display and I assured her I am a "real" bakery, I just...
Check out the FAQ page, the very first post says it is a home-based business, as well as again on the about us page
Sugar florist, she has that covered on her about us page: "We have  strict processes in place to avoid cross-contamination. We have been inspected by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). We’ve done all the leg work in finding safe ingredients and we can’t wait to provide that very special dessert for your celebration."   I have the entire lower level of our home as an in-home bakery. Where most people have a family room/game room, I have...
what is the shipping cost for a 50# cube of hi-ratio? I just went on their site and their prices are much better than my supplier
Full refund, you're very lucky the bottom tier didn't collapse also, in that 1st picture it looks like it's ready to give way. I read the contract, It says square topsy-turvy cake with a large bow on top and flowing down the sides. You gave her a round cake with a single flower sitting on top, along with a base tier buckling. I'm sorry this happened, especially on a cake you already discounted, but the customer did not get the cake she ordered.
You can leave the tv on in another room, they will think someone is watching a show nearby
me too please, I'd love to see it!
I have been running my home bakery for 23 years. I have the entire finished lower level of our home, where most people have a family room or game room, I have a cake shop. People enter through the garage, one half is work area and the other half retail/consultation space. I stock cake tops (over 200 at all times), guest books, glasses, garters, unity candles, etc. We are in a little town where everyone needs at least an acre to build, so neighbors are there but not close...
I had a large wedding years ago (when the fountain and bridge cakes were in style) that cancelled the morning of the wedding day. Her cake was already in my vehicle to be brought to the hall when the mom called and said the groom had just called everything off. She said she wouldn't be needing the cake, so could she swing by to get the refund check. I told her it was ready to go to the hall, the cake was theirs so where would you like it delivered? She was saying not the...
I offer both, but most people pick up. If you have a weekend like when the church is doing first communion or high school graduations, deliveries aren't going to happen. If there are a dozen cakes going out for the same event, you will end up with overlapping people all arriving to pick up their cake on the same day. If you are a licensed business, you'll be fine.