Posts by cakedreamer101

Wonder if one could run it through a small food processor to smooth out the chunks so as to not lose any of the goodness?
I need to make two dozen cuppies with choc frosting (using a b/c recipe found on this site) and am in the same boat as the others; however, I have the following on hand:   2 boxed white cake mixes - DH Classic White - 16.5 oz and Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White - 15.25 oz packet of strawberry kool-aid, unsweetened sleeve of prepared strawberry cake filling other ingredients as needed/called for.   I would like to use the filling in place of s/b puree.  What is...
Is the CI one a pink-shaded cake or is a white cake with strawberry filling?
Chloedog:  a HUGE thank you for finding and sharing this article.  Some very clear information about a very tangled subject.  I guess 'to each his own', and let the legal chips fall where they may.
I have come across the same problem.  I open my container of gel color and use a toothpick to stir it around and I can feel the crystals in it.  I have the glycerin - just don't know how much to put in and don't want to overdo it.  It's got to be more than just a few drops, I would think...    Any ideas?  I'd hate to throw out an entire container of color...
Some Marvel images/IP's need permissions, as well.  Their contact information can also be found online through Disney's sites.  Pixar, Miramax, all those types of owners - all have their own programs for requesting permissions.  Without posting a direct link, if you search online for licensing with different combinations of keywords, you'll come upon the information that is available.
Hi, all -   I just would like to share a comment or two about my experience, if I may.   notes:  I do not own a business.  I only bake for family and immediate friends.  I do not charge for them, as they are my gift for whatever the occasion.  If I get a request for a cake that is out of my reach, I always refer them to any local professional baker for the much better-quality cake they deserve. (I think I've made a total of five cakes in two or three years...) Toward...
Thanks for this link, but I can't get it to go... all I get is the :55 second intro...  the links to the various segments are not active to click on... I registered...
My vote:  a mold.  The symmetry is so exact, I'd be inclined to think its a mold, but a steady hand and the right shapes in a tray would produce the same finish.  Either way, it's divine!
Here's a twist - make the dummy cake for display purposes, but don't sell it to the facility - rent it to them.  They can use it for as long as they like, and return it to you when they are done, less a deposit for damages.  Set up a fee structure such that if they want to change the decorations to match a particular season or theme, they can pay to have you do that.    Keep it in your repertoire; and when the facility doesn't use it, you can rent it out to brides who...