Posts by wendy1273

I was reading all this post and I could not believe all these mean comments, what's going on with this world that people jump the first chance they get to humiliate and insult other people, this is one of the reasons why I stopped posting here, I realized long time ago that there are a lot of great people but there are also a lot of mean miserable people here.Who are we to put price on someone else work, if you don't like the price of someone's cake just move on and shut...
You have to be careful, they try to get me too but I noticed it was a scam before they could do any damage. Once you tell them that you would take the order they ask you to ship the cakes to them and that they are going to send you a check with extra for the shipping. Sometimes they even offer some money extra for you troubles.
Shortening
I would print the logo on regular paper, cut the white part out, put shortening on the back of the paper and put it on top of white fondant, take a exacto knife clean it very good and putting shortening and cleaning it every little bit you cut you should be fine, make sure that when you remove the paper on top you don't take the fondant out of shape or just leave it with the paper on top over night so it gets a little hard, this will help you when you cut the blue part the...
I always ice the cakes and put them in the fridge to harden and then stack them, and always decorate your tiers after you stack them because if you have a mishap you can cover it with your decorations. Make sure you have the dowels in the bottom tier and ready to go before you take it out of the fridge so is nice and hard.If you need to finish the cake fast put it in the freezer for 10 minutes before stacking.
Sorry to hear what happened, this is what I do when I have tall narrow cakes like that, first I use 1/2" thick foam boards on the bottom the same size of the cake, one layer 2" tall cake, butter cream, another 2" tall layer of cake, a little bit of butter cream, foam board the same size of the cake, little bit of butter cream just enough to hold the board in place, another layer of cake, butter cream, another layer of cake, two dowels going through the whole thing...
Thank you so much, it is very nerve wrecking to think about everything you have to do to open the place, I called the health inspector and he is going to meet with me to talk about what I need.I also have to go and get my food handling license this week. I feel that my head is going to explode with all the little details I have to think about.The place was a commercial kitchen before so I don't have to do a lot but I have to get a new oven.Thank you again and good luck...
Thank you!
Hello everyone,I found a small restaurant for rent a few blocks from my home in Central New Jersey and I think is perfect, it has the right amount of space and the owners are going to make some changes to accommodate the business.I can't remember right now how many sq feet he said but is in a small plaza and he is renting it for $1500 at month including taxes and maintenance fee, I asked him if the price is negotiable and he let me belief that it is.It has two...
I would charge $4 each