Posts by creativepassion

Hi folks!This has probably been asked a lot already this time of year but I've looked at tons of graduation cake pictures and I've seen the graduation caps done in many different ways, can someone walk me through the best way to make one of these? THANKS!!Camille
Your cake is so AWESOME!! I looked at a lot of your cakes! They are all so amazing in every way! You're a natural at this!! Congratulations!
You all have been soooooooooooooo encouraging to me!! Thank you all for your support!!I see so much advice I can take from here! I think I will go ahead and work on perfecting the recipes and techniques. I don't know about you all but my most favorite cake to do is the one that someone DIDN'T order! I mean, then it's all my creation and I'm not trying to copy a picture of someone else's work (I hate those orders!) and I can do it at my leisure and if it turns out...
Hi Folks,I feel like I'm at a crossroads and I need a push in one direction or another. I LOVE creating cakes! It is a passion for me. But I don't know why. I'm just a home decortor, I lose money on every cake because I'm a lousy businesswoman, and depending on which recipe I'm using/trying, my baked cakes are hit or miss. But ever once and while, I nail that cake. I'm talking perfect moistness, perfect flavor and for the most part, very well decorted.I gave up...
Okay, here's my take on the situation. I've just noticed by experience that when someone sees my cakes, they're excited and wrapped up in the moment of how beautiful it is so they say, "Oh, I want you to make my so & so or such & such a cake for fill-in-the-blank-occasion. But I think what happens is all the excitement wears off after a while and they reason themselves out of needing such a fancy cake and they don't mention to you that they changed their...
Hi folks,Tell me what you think is best/easiest.....If I'm making a multi-teired cake, is it easier to frost each individuaul cake and then stack them or just stack them all first and frost the entire thing together? I've tried both ways and have had problems with both ways and am trying to find the easiest solution. Thanks so much for your opinions and help!!Camille
I went through the butter cream dilema a few years ago when I started decorating. I too used to use Wilton and found it to be way too sweet. I tried to mess around with it and doctor it up but never was really satisfied with it. I started using the butter cream recipe at baking911.com and I don't plan to ever search for a b/c recipe again. I absolutely love it in every way and everyone tells me it's not too sweet. The one and only tiny down side is that because it's...
Hi CupofButter,In response to the Tiramisu cake: I pulled out my recipe and discovered it had come from epicurious.com so I figured you could get the recipe directly from there and print or download it rather than me copying it all here. When you go to epicurious.com I did a search under Tiramisu Wedding Cake and there it was! It looks delicious but caution, there seem to be a lot of steps to it. Hope this helps and if you try it, let me know how it turns out! It...
Hi!What is IMBC? Does that stand for imitation b/c?Thanks!CamillePS: CupofButter: I once found a recipe for Tirimisu cake. I don't have my hand on it now but if you were interested in making it for your next cake tasting party, I'm happy to locate that recipe for you.
Muy bonita! How lovely! Very wonderful job!!