Posts by Loucinda

2013 - Lexington KY2014 - Albuquerque NM2015 - Omaha NE2016 - Mobile AL
Defiantely fondant for traveling...there is a link on the ICES site called *Cakes as luggage* - has tips on making a cake to travel on a plane and how to pack it. I am going to take one too, not sure what yet....gotta get busy on it though!
I use viva exclusively. Here is an upclose of a cake - I have folks think it is fondant all the time! It's lots of fun to tell them NO....it is buttercream!
I use viva exclusively. Here is an upclose of a cake - I have folks think it is fondant all the time! It's lots of fun to tell them NO....it is buttercream!
I am glad you all love it as much as I do! I can't thank Sharon enough for all she shares! It is a dream to work with! (and thank you again for the nice comments on the cake too!)
I'll be there Wed. thru Sun. My 3rd one! Counting the days....(and pennies for the vendor room!)
There is a big sale going on for the gelatin stuff - pm me for where to get it! (25% off right now)
Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the cake. I knew the icing was good, but had never *tested* it to the limits like this before! I was really pleased, and that venue now knows that you do not HAVE to use fondant covered cakes if you don't want to! (at least not if you order them from me!)
PM me and I will tell you where you can get the peacock gelatin mats if this is not posted. (I don't know if I am allowed to post the business here or not)cakeconnection.comHere is a pic of one of them:
I had the HOTTEST weekend of my cake decorating life this past weekend. I use a version of your icing, and even though it was 100+ degrees, and HUMID - and the A/C was not working at the venue (which was a VERY nice venue here) The cake icing HELD and was PERFECT!! I was on pins and needles after delivery because it was soooo hot, but I got an email from the MOB raving about the cake, and today I got a call from the FOB making sure I knew how happy they were with the...