Posts by sweetpea8

hi mommak... i replied to your pm. did you get it?
not really sure how I feel about that.
hmmmmmm.....
you could do a newspaper cake with the headline "Fabulous at Forty"and place a picture of the birthday girl. Then, to get in the "over the hill" thing, you could put a little blurb on the side that said 'over the hill isn't what it used to be' or '40 is the new 30' or 'breaking news: recent reports show that its not so bad over the hill as once thought' , etc.i did a newspaper cake for my dh 40th thats in my pics.
i did a halloween first birthday cake last year. it was a sheet cake with a little pumpkin smash cake for the birthday girl.here's the link if you're interested in checking it out...http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1150253.html
I made this cake a year and a half ago for my niece's Christening. To this day, I haven't had the chance to work so intricately.It was a copy of the actual Christening gown that was made as a gift for the baby. I took pictures of it and did my best to duplicate it in royal icing. My hand hurt so badly afterwards but I was honored to make it for my brother's first little girl.http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_598453.html
last summer for me. so, a little over a year i guess....and i still LOVE it!
i have some in my photos. its all everyone wants in my area as well. i have to admit, i wasn't a big fan of them at first but i'm starting to enjoy doing them. its almost more of a challenge to come up with a creative solution to the theme.
look at it this way... maybe you'll get some party/occasion cake business from the show as well
i don't think i'll be able to make it because its a really long drive for me and i have a couple of cakes due that saturday. but, i wanted to wish you luck and thank you for bringing this information to us here! i can't wait to find out how it all goes. it would be so exciting if they decided to add the cake competition next year! again, good luck and have fun!