Posts by sabbrina

My daughter saw the movie Avatar and loved it. Her birthday party is this Saturday (1/16) and she wanted a cake with the Avatar movie theme.I have searched on cake central and on google and can't find any cake ideas. I think the movie is just so new that no one has made a cake using this theme. Or maybe they have just not posted the cake yet ... I am hoping this is it Does anyone have any ideas on how to do an Avatar themed cake? Has anyone made one yet and would like to...
I am so glad you posted how to do these. I am going to try and make one of these for each kid in my daughters class for Thanksgiving this year.Thanks for sharing Sabbrina
Hey Guys,Nope, I wasn't asking for any food allergy reasons. I was trying to see if I could make an icing that didn't spread out once piped on the cookie so I could use it for small details. I know I can use royal icing for that, however I have never made royal icing. I have used glaze on all my cookies so far and really like it. I just don't like the fact that it spreads so much when trying to use it for small details that need to hold their shape Thanks for all the...
Does anyone know if the Glace Icing will hold it shape and not spread if you leave out the Corn Syrup when making it? Have any of you ever done this??Any suggestions or experience would be helpful Thanks,Sabbrina
How do you know how "thin" to make your glaze icing when you want to use it to write on a cookie? I added corn syrup and it made it a little more spreadable, but when I put it in my bag and started writing on my cookie my hand hurt so bad after just the first few letter. I was using a size 1 tip, so I changed the tip to a size 2. That helped a little but my hand started to hurt after writing, "Welcome Back" on 2 cookies. So, how do you guys know when your glaze icing is...
Those of you with websites, I have a few questions for you 1 - How do you advertise your website? 2 - Do you get orders that you have to mail out or mainly orders that you deliver? 3 - If you mail them out, can you post some tips and tricks on doing that so the cookies don't break in route. 4 - Do you accept payment on your website and if so who proccesses the payments? Paypal or some other company? 5 - Also, when selling your cookies via your website do you have an order...
The "fake" one makes absolutley wonderful cookies. This is the only recipe that I use when I make chocolate chip cookies, and I usually only make them around Christmas because it does take a lot of work.Make sure you blend your oatmeal until it is a oatmeal flour consistancy. That really makes the cookies so much better.HTH,Sabbrina
Just a curiosity question really ....Has anyone ever used a Seal A Meal to package your cookies? I am not sure if they would break the cookies or not, but they would probably last a lot longer, huh?Hmmmm Sabbrina
Those of you with websites, I have a few questions for you 1 - How do you advertise your website? 2 - Do you get orders that you have to mail out or mainly orders that you deliver?3 - If you mail them out, can you post some tips and tricks on doing that so the cookies don't break in route.4 - Do you accept payment on your website and if so who proccesses the payments? Paypal or some other company?5 - Also, when selling your cookies via your website do you have an order...
Thank you everyone for all the comments and help. I did try to use melted chocolate, but decided against it because I could not get it level. I may not have had my chocolate melted enough. It was really thick. Maybe if I ever try it again I will add some crisco to my candy melts before I melt them.Anyway, I used a cookie glaze instead. I loved working with the glaze. It was very easy to make and very easy to use. Next time I will try coloring the glaze and see how that...