Posts by Zakiah

Well, I happen to have some maple syrup left in the fridge enough to make one-two batch of MMF. I thought if it is usable, then I don't have to go to the store and buy it. Plus, I'm living in Japan and they don't really sell stuff like corn syrup in the local stores :p You have to either buy it online ( which will only take longer to arrive,plus shipping fees ) OR go to stores that sells overseas branded goods ( that is if you're lucky to find one that sells it ) So,...
I see.. and you're right alimonkey, I don't really have any glycerin at home. And about the corn syrup, I was told that I can substitute those with maple syrup. Though the fondant wouldn't be totally white, I guess I don't mind. Can I use maple syrup instead of corn syrup?
Hi. I want to try makin the MMF but i don't have any marshmallow at home. I did some browsing on how to make my own marshmallow and most of the recipes call for gelatin,corn syrup, sugar. Since I'm gonna melt the marshmallow anyway, can I just use those homemade marshmallow recipe?here's a recipe i found on the net:http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/bldes60.htmIngredientsVegetable shortening (Crisco recommended) for preparing the pan1 cup cold water3 tablespoons...