Posts by swoboda

Here's what I came up with for a friend going to a toga party on 2 days notice,Thanks everyone for your ideas!! I'll keep those in mind for next time. You can't really see that he has a laurel wreath too because of the angle of the picture. I like the picture of him laying on the leaves because my writing sucks but I liked the idea of using Roman Numerals for her age. My Greek God doesn't look as hunky as the one in the Debbie Brown book (which has GREAT directions by...
My friend just asked if I can do a bday cake for a toga party she's going to this weekend. I'm kind of stuck for ideas. It only needs to serve 10-15 people. The best I could come up with so far was using a wondermold & draping it in a fondant toga...... any better ideas out there??? I searched online but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!!
I'm making an LV purse cake tomorrow & wanted to make a template today but ran out of time as dh jammed out on watching the kids to go golfing! Does anyone have a template that thay wouldn't mind sharing with me??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Will fondant accents stick to the sides of a cake iced in Whipped Cream??
Hi, I've had someone request a kings cake for 200 and I have NO idea what to charge them. I've never made one before so I'm not sure how much work is involved in making it. I've googled a few recipes that all seem fairly easy but a little time consuming. Can anyone who has made this before help me out & give me an idea of how much time I'm looking at to make this many servings? Also, can this be made ahead & frozen or would I have to bake it the day before they want...
I'm going to Las Vegas in a few months & was wondering if anyone knows of good places to get supplies from while I'm there?
Has anyone ever used SMBC to do a FBCT? I have SMBC made up already & don't really want to make a batch of icing sugar BC if I don't have to. I'm making this tomorrow night so if you have a thought on whether or not this will work please share it!! Thanks!
'm not too sure. I have a couple of ceramic pedestal stands that are 12" & 14". But I've only used one of them so far & it was to hold a 2 tier cake....I've been looking for one of the silver plateau stands but can't find one around here & don't really want to pay for shipping....
How do you know how much weight a cake stand will hold without putting something really heavy on it & seeing if it breaks?My friend is thinking of a 4 or 5 tiered cake like the one from Demi & Ashton's wedding (because I showed her a picture of Antonia's version & she LOVED it!!)But the problem is I don't know if any of the stands I have would support that weight.....
It's DH bday next week & he's a sports NUT!I want to make him a cake with a huge WOW factor because he's been so sweet & supportive of my cake stuff lately (among other reasons of course!).I was thinking of making an 8" round base that would be a hockey puck & want to try stacking a mini football, golf ball and baseball on top.I was going to use the mini egg pan & carve a little for the football & mini ball pan for the other 2. There's only going to be about 20 people here...