Posts by Relznik

* I personally don't get on with the spray glaze.  No matter what I do, I get a 'pitted' finish.  So I buy the liquid and brush it on.    * I have only tried a gluten-free cake once.  It wasn't a success.  I haven't bothered again! LOL!   * I bake fresh 99.999% of the time.  On the rare occasion I've made an 'administrative error'  then I will bake a week ahead of time and freeze.  It has never affected the quality of the cake.  You just need to make sure it is really...
I used several coats of confectioner's varnish on these...  let each coat fully dry before applying the next.  I must admit, I was at both parties, so could make sure the sugarpaste was removed before serving.  There's no reason why you 'can't'...  just not sure you'd want to eat about 4 coats of it, LOL!!      
Different strokes for different folks....   ...  I prefer the ruffles this way.  To me, to have them the other way looks a bit too 'frou-frou'..  too busy like a tutu skirt.   Yours is a gorgeous version of this cake - the ruffles are beautifully thin and delicate!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580168/Businesswoman-sold-edible-cupcake-glitter-shredded-plastic-powdered-brass-insisted-safe-despite-repeated-warnings.html   The whole edible / non-edible but non toxic debate has been going on for SO long, it looks like we finally have an answer (here in the UK, at least!)
Don't you HATE it when you make a couple of dozen cupcakes - same recipe as always; same measuring scoop as always - and you're ONE short so you have to whip up another dozen just for ONE to make up the order! Grrrrr!   Oh well, my boys will be happy!   Suzanne x
I'm not sure if I've understood your question correctly?   Do you WANT to include the brand names of the ingredients?   I make a cake that is flavoured with the alcoholic liqueur Baileys.  So I call it a Baileys sponge cake.  Because that's what it is.  If I were to use a store's own-brand liqueur then I couldn't call it Baileys cake - I would call it Irish Cream Liqueur cake (because that's what it would be).   So if you're using Skippy and Hershey's in the cake, I...
Sugarpaste Direct for me!! 
I don't have that problem...  just a thin layer immediately before marzipanning and it sticks fine.  
It depends on the cake.  For square cakes I more often than not do panels these days.  But for round cakes, I drape it as if it was fondant. I warm my marzipan in the microwave for about 20 seconds to warm it and make it a little more pliable...  then just knead it well before rolling out and covering the cake. Suzanne x
I agree....  My deposits are non-refundable and not transferable to another order. Depending on the attitude of the customer and circumstances, I MIGHT make something for them.  But I'm under no obligation to, under the terms and conditions they've agreed to. As you have already bought items specifically for the cake, and starting prepping for it, AND you have turned away other orders, I would not give her the deposit back.  I would also want more info about what cake she...