Posts by Relznik

Oh yes, I take lots and lots and lots.... then as I'm viewing them, one will jump out at me!!
My best friend lives in Cork, Ireland.I know Prince William had it at his wedding, but it's very much an Irish thing - I've never been asked to make it and I can't say any of my cake-making acquaintances have ever mentioned it! However, my friend is asked to do it for weddings very frequently!That's not to say I wouldn't do it... but as the OP asked about typically British cakes, I just thought I'd point it out.
My pleasure, Sabrina.If you Google fruit cake, then make sure it's a rich fruit cake or Christmas cake.General consensus is that if you use the Delia Smith recipe, you really won't go wrong! Suzanne x
There's a take on the old wartime pharase - Keep Calm & Carry Onhttp://www.google.co.uk/search?q=keep+calm+and+carry+on&hl=en&biw=1680&bih=897&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=0TdUTu6CAZGFhQfz2_GmBg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQ_AUoAQIt's "Keep Calm and Eat...
I do mine with a piece of black fabric on a clothes drier and a coffee table!! .... like this
Rich fruit cake is very traditional - but it's one of those cakes that you LOVE or HATE. I'm actually finding that most brides don't want fruit cake - or if they do, they'll have a small tier to cut up to keep Granny / Mum / Auntie Doris happy! The most popular flavours are vanilla sponge with jam (seedless raspberry jam) and buttercream (our buttercream is different to what I think most US cake makers make... ours is 1 part butter to 2 parts icing sugar...
You can use liquid glucose in place of corn syrup. You can buy small jars of it (Dr Oetker brand) in supermarkets.Corn starch is corn flour.HTHSuzanne x
Following on from my earlier post and story, I emailed my aunt to see if she had any photos... here's what she came up with.*sigh*... these were taken 16 years, 2 children and three and a half stone (50lb) ago!) As I said in my previous post, I wasn't into cake decorating AT ALL back then. I just gave the caterer a photo of my friend's cake, that I'd liked, and said I wanted one like that in my colours (white, trimmed with peach). My friend's flowers were...
I also don't have any digital photos of my wedding... we got married in 1995.I wasn't a cake decorator back then and really wasn't overly fussy... tastings were unheard of back then, too. So I took a photo of my friend's wedding cake, gave it to the caterer and said 'I'd like one like that, please'. It was 3 tiers, on a stand with one tier slightly in front of the other and the flowers sort of flowed from one tier to the other. I'm not describing it well!!! I *think*...
Oh, and just to be pedantic, there's a spacing error on your flavor's page - need another space between the vanilla and choc cakes!