Posts by Relznik

What's it made from? Is it too late to insert a dowel into the bottom of it, leaving a couple of inches sticking out the bottom?  Perhaps you could do that, and store and transport it on a piece of polystyrene?  Then, when at the venue, put into place with a blob of royal icing on the bottom of the hat to keep in place (royal icing is my 'edible super glue' of choice! )
Marvel - it's looking fabulous!  I can't wait to see it all together on the cake!!       I'm sorry I can't keep up with ALL the comments...  there are SO many! LOL!!!!   Well, this week coming I just have a birthday cake on Saturday.  So at least that gives me time to catch up on housework, etc.    Righteo...  it's midnight...  I'm about to turn into a pumpkin!   Nighty-night!   Suzanne x
I'd say 3" is an average height.  Supermarkets are shallower, for sure.  Most of mine are around 3.5", with wedding cakes being nearer 4".
Here it is.  I'm really rubbish at photography.  And you don't get a sense of size of it like this - I'm hoping to get a good pic at the venue!   It's not my original design...  customer brought me a photo she found online.   The white ruffled tiers are dummies!  Hubby took some time off work and helped me with those!  He rolled the paste in the pasta roller, cut the circles and balled the edges, then I ruffled them and attached to the cake.   Right...  now to...
No, no pics yet.  Assembling tomorrow morning to photograph and then will disassemble to transport, before reassembling at the venue.  Taking a full emergency repair kit with me! LOL!!! 
Wow!  Impressive cake.  And those tiers look extra tall to me, too If she's after height, find out if she's got her heart set on this specific cake.  Perhaps she could have a 3 tier cake, but use the Wilton hollow dowels between each tier and block with fresh flowers.  That would give the height she's after without all the cake. 
Bashini!!!!  Hello!  How are you?  Not caught up with you on any forums for a while!! x
FABULOUS cake.  Love it!!!! Thanks for saying I'm cute.  But that pic isn't me.  LOL!  The pic is of Kuuushi.  I wish I was as young and pretty as she is!!!!  I'm the old bat in my profile pic!
Two of the tiers may be dummies, but it saves fairly little.  The cost of buying them is probably not a HUGE saving in terms of money.   Yes, you save time in baking cakes, etc.  But you still need to cover and decorate them and will still need the same number of roses to cascade down the cake, whether the tiers are real or dummy...  the majority of money involved in cakes is labour and skill  - not ingredients and consumables.  I wonder if the customers realise that? ...
Hi   Not had time to read through all the replies, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.   1.  You can't access the Testimonials and Prices & Contact page from your home page.   2.  In the UK, standard portions are 1" x 2".  Allowing for human error in cutting, you're about right for a 7" round, but an 8" round will give around 20 portions, a 9" round approx 27 portions, and a 7" square around 20 portions.  A 5" x 10" rectangle around 22-24-ish portions.    3. ...