Posts by Relznik

Where are you located, maisie?  It's hot here today, but it's due to rain over the weekend.  And OMG - yes, flies!  Tomorrow, when I start baking and decorating I'm going to have to keep the windows and back door shut!
Hi   Anyone else convinced there's a conspiracy going on with the weather?   Hot when I'm working the the cakes - then rain when I'm due to deliver!  Aggghhh!   Typical!!!   Suzanne x
I only ever make cupcakes the day before they're needed.  No earlier.  If they're not needed until the evening, then I bake on the day.  Cupcakes dry out a lot quicker than larger cakes.   Is this the sort of thing you mean...?   If so, baking the day before and then covering with fondant is fine.  The fondant may 'skin over' but it certainly stays soft enough to eat.          
They're so cute.   It just looks like stippled white choc or royal icing to me....
It's hardly rocket science....  For years, I've been taking thin slices of pizza from my kids' plates before serving it at the table, doing something along these lines   I agree that the rubber band thing is yuk!  Why doesn't he just use clingfilm? 
True.  But he was British...  buttercream cakes are NOT the norm here.  In fact, I'd say they're VERY unusual. Suzanne x
First things first...   You need to get in touch with your local authority and register with your EHO.  Most require you to have completed a food hygiene course and they will want to come and inspect your premises.   Even if you aren't making much profit, you must also register with HMRC - I do a short tax return every year even though I don't have to pay any tax on my income.   As previous replies have suggested, decide what you want to do.... eg cakes that aren't...
I think it will be easier and neater to bake them individually, then cut and fill.   http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15170/My-Kitchen-12-Cup-Mini-Sandwich-Tin
Good grief!!!  What a saga!   I'm so pleased you got your money and that you got to deliver the cake.   It says more about you than her that even after EVERYTHING she put you through and the absolute debacle setting up, that you still went back in to move the table and put the cloth on!  Plenty of people WOULD have just left it and gone.   Now, spend some time doing an order form.  It doesn't have to be too fancy.  Just something you can print out.    Customer's...
How lovely!!!  I love doing fruit cakes, as there just isn't the pressure!  So unusual these days to have all fruit cake.   OK - you need to call her.  I know it's the night before the wedding, but she's taking the pee!  Had she been in touch when she said she would, you wouldn't need to call her...  so don't feel bad.  It's her fault, not yours.   Maybe she doesn't realise she hasn't told you where the venue is...  so call her bluff.  Tell her that unless you receive...