Posts by Relznik

Bashini!!!!  Hello!  How are you?  Not caught up with you on any forums for a while!! x
FABULOUS cake.  Love it!!!! Thanks for saying I'm cute.  But that pic isn't me.  LOL!  The pic is of Kuuushi.  I wish I was as young and pretty as she is!!!!  I'm the old bat in my profile pic!
Two of the tiers may be dummies, but it saves fairly little.  The cost of buying them is probably not a HUGE saving in terms of money.   Yes, you save time in baking cakes, etc.  But you still need to cover and decorate them and will still need the same number of roses to cascade down the cake, whether the tiers are real or dummy...  the majority of money involved in cakes is labour and skill  - not ingredients and consumables.  I wonder if the customers realise that? ...
Hi   Not had time to read through all the replies, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.   1.  You can't access the Testimonials and Prices & Contact page from your home page.   2.  In the UK, standard portions are 1" x 2".  Allowing for human error in cutting, you're about right for a 7" round, but an 8" round will give around 20 portions, a 9" round approx 27 portions, and a 7" square around 20 portions.  A 5" x 10" rectangle around 22-24-ish portions.    3. ...
You know it's bad when you buy something you REALLY need....  only to find you already have it!  Been there, done that on more than one occasion! Ooops!   Suzanne x
It's ALL about the overall effect!    Ever looked REALLY closely at the Choccywoccydoodah cakes?  The overall effect is STUNNING, but there are plenty of things that just aren't that well done as a stand alone item.  I'm not saying I could do better...  but at what they charge, I'd want it ALL absolutely PERFECT.   When's the cake for, marvel?
AND BREATHE......   3 of the 6 tiers assembled.  My piping is very, very far from perfect - but it's good enough to carry the overall effect and I'm happy enough so far.   I'm assembling the cake in two halves, so this half is now complete - bar a few ruffles that have broken and need replacing.  I'm just giving the cake time to settle and the royal icing holding the tiers together to set, then I'll do the repairs and box it up.   Just about to start on the two...
Erm... no!  It's stunning!!!!!
Royal icing is my indestructible 'glue' of choice!
Evening!  Wow....  HOW MANY pages since I last looked?  I can't keep up!!   I had a fairly productive day today.  All of this weekend's cakes are baked, filled and marzipanned.  Tomorrow is a case of covering and piping the pattern.  Piping isn't the problem, as it's straight forward, but working out the template is what will take me a long time!  It's a 6 tier cake (although 3 tiers are dummies!!) so I'm going to assemble in two halves for transportation.  Wedding isn't...