Posts by tripleE

Hope it goes well!  Post a picture!  Please!
Glad I could help!  I'm pretty sure I found the ribbon at WalMart.  You might find it at JoAnn's or on the internet.  One big reason I put buttercream on the back was because the burlap ribbon had a funny (chemical-like?) smell.  So beware!  
Here's what I ended up doing.  Found some burlap-type ribbon (WalMart).  Covered the back of the ribbon with some buttercream.  Wrapped the fondant-covered tier with the burlap ribbon.  Wrapped and tied the (real) raffia around the burlap.  That way, nothing non-edible/non-food-grade was touching the cake.  Worked pretty well, and the burlap ribbon actually helped hold the cake together, as it was in a hot, non-air-conditioned barn!  Hope that helps a tad!
...and this site has gotten so big it's hard to find anything--forgive me if this has been previously addressed. I have the Wilton zebra-striped sugar sheet and have sheets to make a giraffe pattern as well. Just wondering if the sheets can go on chocolate buttercream. Also wondering if they can be applied to Pastry Pride. Thoughts?
Thank you, punkin90!  It did help hearing that it wasn't just the adhesive I used--misery loves company?  Anyway, I tried Wilton.  They're only open on the weekdays.  I did a little experiment with some shortening.  Seems okay.  Think I'll just take some with me to the venue tomorrow.  If the lighting is okay, I'll just let it be.  Otherwise, I'll do the shortening trick.  Ugh--never again!     Again, thanks!
Have an issue with sugar sheets and the edible adhesive.  I probably should have listed it on this thread, so here's the link:   http://cakecentral.com/t/762183/edible-adhesive-is-showing-through-sugar-sheets#post_7428330   Thanks!
Groom's mom just emailed me one of her photos--maybe it will show better.
Help!  Got the wedding cake done last night, and the groom's mom dropped in this morning to take some pro shots.  When I turned the cake toward a large window, I noticed the Wilton Dab-N-Hold Edible Adhesive is showing through the black cut outs; not sure what the venue lighting will be like, so I feel like I need to rectify it!  I'll add a photo, but I don't think it shows the squiggles and swirls where I applied the adhesive.     Any thoughts?  Rub it all with...
Thank you all for your help!  I did drum, and it worked out great!  I'll post a photo sometime today.
Hope there isn't already a forum about this.  The site has gotten so dang big that searching has gotten harder and harder.    My question--do I use a silver-wrapped cake drum (14" under a 12" layer) under a round wedding cake that will be placed on a larger, round, silver cake plateau?  I've seen some cakes with and some without.  Guess I'd like some opinions on the matter.  Thanks!