Posts by loulouhache

Hi, I sell cakes to friends and family only and charge 55$ for a simple 8 inch round fondant cake based on pricing I saw and calculated. BUT my cake is about 5-6 inches tall (two +/- 2in cakes plus frosting, filling and fondant) . How tall are your basic 8 in cakes? Is my pricing ok or should I modify? Should I just use one layer and tort it? My torted 8 in (about 3 inches high when done) I usually leave for 30$....with fondant. Thank you for clarifying and for your...
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I know that I could find many recipes on here but I want to see what you all have to suggest!  I am making my own wedding cake in December (YAY!) but I've only made cakes with buttercream (vanilla, chocolate, lemon) in the past. I am looking for something new for a tier or two for my 3 teired cake. I just have no idea what would be a hit. I am planning on having one tier filled with buttercream since it s a hit with my family. For...
Hello,I've never made a stacked cake with more than 2 tiers so I have a few questions about using a center dowel for bigger cakes. Do you use a cakeboard under EVERY tier? If so, how do you add the center dowel? Do you pre-cut a hole in the center of every cakeboard then add the dowel or do you simply "hammer" it in so it pierces the cakeboards as it goes down on all the stacked tiers? (I hope my question is clear...) Thank you for your replies!!!Lou