Posts by cake_freak

I just feel I'm at a vital point in my life and I have a fork in the road decision both of them are going to put me in debt with school and what not but if I could I would eat breath sleep cake idk why its my medium of choice but it is I just want something that I can be proud of and we have no true bakerys here other then Walmart kroger and about a year old cup cake shop.... Other then the cup cake shop there is no true custome cake shop in the area.... So i don't know I...
What is the best way to get started? Ie would it be best to bake a bunch of different things and make a professional portfoilo? Or just start off advertising after the legal stuff is taken care of?
Hello, I live in west KY and I'm currently unemployed. I'm only 23, I'm going to college in the fall and I'm trying to decide what I want to do with my life. I have a love and a passion for cake and a piping bag like I know most of you do. Is there any tips you can give me on how much its going to cost me (equipment, supplies, etc...) laws and or regulations I may or may not run in to, options I have in choices and different things I can do.....I'm at a point in my...
ok so I have a new want to know how to blow sugar. Since I have never done it I'm needing some guidence, would like some advice (ie do's donts) but also ways to put togeather a cheap set up? Due I have looked in to the equipment and well it's not cheap (and im currently unemployed) so any helpfull hints and ideas are welcome! 
another tip is put your chocolate in jars or glass cups and put them in your crock pot keep it consistantly warm with out burning it...
Ok, so my mom bday is on Feb 3. I'm trying to make her a 2 tier cake, its her 41st bday and I want it to make it look nice Soo i want to use fondant. I wana try to make my own fondant, Just something to where I don't have to pay 20 bucks for a box of wiltons lol any suggestions? For fondant, decorations her fav color is blue and she's a nurse I'm open for suggestions I have worked with fondant before and want to try something new?!
Ok so my mom bday is on Feb 3 and I'm trying to make her a 2 tier cake its her 41st bday and I want it to make it look nice Soo I wana try to make fondant ....... Or something that tastes good..... Just something to where I don't have to pay 2000 bucks for a box of wiltons lol any sugestions? For fondant decorations her tag color is blue she's a nurse I'm open for sugestions
Ok atm I'm broke and in the process of making my Christmas tree ornaments and I've.reallized I didn't get my powder sugar to make my royal icing and now I cant do what I wanted with them is there any other recipe that I can make a icing consistency that's non editble Please help the poor broke chick lol...
i dont have any pictures but it sound like a beautiful cake good luck
no I'm a righty not a lefty its just i couldn't get the way the bag was held or i my icing was WAY TOO!!! SOFT!!!! ($%#@ Crisco!!!) but now i know my flaws and i know where to correct them!!!! Yays for me lol