Posts by momtoj

I do have a tendancy to roll the cookie pretty thin. The people who eat my cookies, prefer crunchy and well done. I believe the time to bake is 10-12 minutes. I always go for 11 minutes and they are a pretty brown around the edges.I appreciate the feedback. I'll roll thicker.
Hello! I make cookies using the NFSC, RBC and Antonia74 RI for accents. After they dry and I package them, as I transport them, I find they are breaking - specifically the 3-tiered wedding cookie (top tier breaks) and the cupcake with single candle (flame breaks). I don't seem to have the problem with the baby onesie or pumpkin or any other shape that sticks out in my mind. Can someone offer me tips to prevent this? I'm thinking I might need to put some kind of board...
Thanks so much for the support! Attached is a picture. The couple really like the cake - they are still talking about it 3 weeks later.In the end, I only had about two major problems. One was putting both layers together on the larger cake. How do you get cake that large stacked without it breaking? The second was the smaller cake slid just a little when we arrived to the reception hall. I did use dowel rods and had the smaller cake on a cake board. How do you keep...
Thanks Jackie for the response!I've been wanting to try AmeriColor, but have not purchased as of yet. I have the Wilton paste colors. I'm going to use Golden Yellow with brown. I've used this before to make trophy shaped cookies and it worked great. This time, I'm going to use a little more brown to get it darker.My main concern was the berries on the cake. I'm going to work on this cake tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a picture once it is complete.
Hello,I'm doing my first groom's cake this weekend. I just got the call late last night. The other person doing the cake is no longer going to do it.So, we are all in emergency mode and since this is my first one, I'm feeling the same pressure as the couple!My question is regarding berries. The groom wants his cake to be strawberry with traditional buttercream, tinited antique gold, with strawberries, raspberries and blackberries as accents. Will the berries be too...
Hello!My son's birthday is coming up and he just has to have his picture on his cake. Due to his food allergies, I am making the cake myself. How can I put his picture on his cake? The cake will be a round 9-inch. I'm OK with it not being edible. Any ideas would be very helpful.Thanks!