Posts by dizzy94

Hi everyone,I want to make a cake for my step dad's birthday, he doesnt like real sweet cakes nor does he care much for chocolate. What kind of cake do you think would work best with a coffee filling?Thanks in advanceMelanie
Hi everyone,this idea sounds amazing!My hubby always wants carrot cake for his birthday and I am going to try spice cookie for his but my Step-dad likes cakes that are not too sweet. I have a chocolate recipe that is heavy, moist and not too sweet but wondering if I put a peanut butter cookie in the middle what could I use for over and under the cookie that wouldnt add too much "sweetness" to the cake? Normally I would do a whipped cream type frosting to keep it mild but...
Thank you all so much!! I am going with the regular crisco to keep it white. I think what I was missing was the meringue powder to get the right consistancy.Now I am excited to try this, it will be great if he can have the cakes I make!I will post a pic when I am done with the cake next week. I have to shop this morning for ingredients so I needed a list.I am going to make the dragon for the top of the cake out of rice crispy bars, yep I have been watching Ace of Cakes...
Ok my soon to be 18 yr old son wants a dragon cake. I am going to decorate it with buttercream frosting since I used it for the first time and now I can never go back to canned which is what I usually used because I can find that dairy free. However, this cake will not work with canned I just know it so now I have to figure out how to get the right consistency using butter flavored crisco instead of butter so he can actually eat his cake. He is not lactose intolerant he...
Ok here is the link to get to the cake: http://www.drphil.com/shows/page/jayericawedding/I googled it and I have to say the cake was pretty icky in my humble opinion. Also she was so airheaded when she starts to cut it she is like "Ohh its so soft" in the quintessetial blonde bombshell voice Melanie
I just read this post and so I put it on my DVR to record it any time it is on and I saw it was with Duff!! I am so glad I saw this and I cant wait to watch it now. I loved him in the cake challenge. Melanie
Ok so am I understanding this correct, I can use the Swiss Meringue recipe from here and it will be ok for decorating? I need to be able to pipe little corn kernels so it needs to be like bc.Thanks in advanceMelanie
You know as I think about it I think you both are right it would be like a sweet/sour thing and that usually is a good combo. I am most likely just overthinking this as usual.Melanie
How cool was that cake!! WOW!I wanted to stay away from fondant only because I worked with it only once before last week and I have to clean the house, which is quite the job, so I want to keep the cake simple. I think I will use the lemon icing recipe it seems like I should be able to thicken it enough and then I will just pipe on kernels. One of these days I will get cake pics up!Thanks for the link I am printing it out to use as inspiration Melanie
Hi everyone I think I made a tactical error but luckly I have caught it in time. I am making an ear of corn for our corn roast Saturday. Ok so I made a jelly roll cake and made lemon filling wanting to stay with the yellow thing but then I was thinking today wont that be gross with buttercream frosting? So I went to the recipes here and found one for lemon icing and I am wondering if that would be good for decorating the "corn cob" or if it wont be the right consistancy...