Posts by gramofgwen

What about baking each part separately? You'll only be filling one side of the pan at a time, but it might be worth the extra oven time. HTH
What I've done in the past has been to take a shirt-sized gift box and line it with that cello Easter grass or packager shredding. then you can place each piece individually in the box nestled in the shredding and it will stay in its place, cushioned against any jostling. [/code]
I think they do. I believe the only major brand that doesn't is Duncan Hines.
Now you only need 5! all kidding aside, your cookies are fantastic!
Here's the link to one I did for my grandson and his friend. The characters were 6" round cakes on foil covered boards, held up by bubble tea straws in the back. They were put on the 12x18 sheet cake when I took the cake to the party venue. Arms, hands and pennants are fondant.http://cakes.dqd.com/Birthdays_web/images/M%26M%20cake.jpg
You were a class act from beginning to end. My husband and I have been following this saga, and wondering how long this marriage will last!
I showed my husband the picture of the cake you did and he wondered how you would have transported it - each tier in a separate box or all together?
My husband has been working in the yard all day, and I've been running back and forth to give him updates. You are my hero, desevans. I'll be thinking of you and how professionally you handled the situation if I'm ever caught like that.
If you're going to go to all that trouble, why not just make a scratch cake in the first place?
I remember several years ago much discussion about pricing, and the rule of thumb was to add up the cost of all the ingredients, including boards, trip to the store to b uy the stuff, etc. and multiply that by three to come up with the price. I've been doing that lately and I find that way I'm not undercharging. The price usually comes out being $2-$3 per serving. And if I have to buy a special pan, tool, candy mold or stencil, that gets added into the ingredient cost.