Posts by deester

If it is, I did not realize and am sorry. The moderators can delete it if necessary.
Sweet Treats Cake Club is delighted to host Advanced Topics in Rolled Fondant presented by B. Keith Ryder. This half day class will be held on Sunday, November 4th from 2 to 6 (snacks will be provided!), at our clubhouse located at The Countryside Village Mobile Home Park, 5050 Hamilton-Middletown Rd, Hamilton, Ohio. We will be able to accomodate up to 30 guests for this hands-on learning experience. B. Keith Ryder stumbled into cake decorating in 1996. Prior to that, he...
Buy some Wilton to play with and get a feel for, then make and use the MMF. Even with flavoring, the Wilton tastes disgusting.
My friend at work (when I worked) used to bring in amazing looking cakes and no one ever wanted to cut them. She would get offended that no one wanted to eat her cakes. Finally I told her that it wasn't that they didn't want to eat them, but that no one wanted to be the one to mess it up. After that we decided after a good hour or two, she needed to just cut them up and let the feast begin!!
I made the tastiest yellow cake and just wanted to share what I did. It was from a box (I think one with the pudding already in it) and I was just a little heavy handed with the oil and with the vanilla. Then I added a pinch of nutmeg. The nutmeg made this cake taste so amazing that I absolutely could not stay out of it. I only made the cake for my son to have something to decorate while I tried to concentrate at my cake club meeting, so it only had regular ol'...
Melvira and Quadcrew have nicely summed up my feelings on the subject - now I have nothing to say
The racetrack cake I did (in my photos) is from this site: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50190Although I did mine a little differently, you get the idea, and it was easy.Good Luck and remember he is only 5 and will love whatever you put together!!
Ya'll are still clicking - right?? Just thought I would check in.
I hope someone with much more experience than I answer this, but I am pretty sure that you can live without the Wilton colorflow. Thinned out royal icing will give you the same affect - but do be sure to let it dry for at least 24 hours.
save