Posts by trumpetmidget

I know which one you are talking about. I am pretty sure it was featured (and won, if I remember correctly) in the Taste of Home magazine. HTH
Shill, I am from that area. If you would like to pm me, feel free. I currently have a home based business.
I will have to remember to add more flour and try the honey. This is the third year I have done this and the third recipe I have tried. This is the most trouble I have had. Any other suggestions? I have already baked every piece and that took me three nights, so I really don't want to have to bake more. What is a heat lamp and what department at Walmart would I find it at? I have asked my husband to bring the fan up, hoping that may help. I did not touch it tonight....
I am working on my gingerbread piece for a competition. It has been raining and humid here. My gingerbread will not dry out. I have cooked it up to 30 minutes, so cooking it won't dry it out. I have three walls up and three more to put up, plus all the special pieces (I am making the front of my church's sanctuary - I have gingerbread rails, alters, organ, etc. etc.). The walls that are already up were stiffer yesterday, but today they are VERY soft. I could poke a...
That's really, really cute! I love the keys and the gloves - it's a great touch.
I baked the jolly ranchers at 375 for 10 minutes and when I melted them the second time, I did it in the microwave for 30 seconds. So, I guess it cooked to fast. That would make sense that the sugar carmelized and that is why it is green. It's not detrimental, it's just not what I wanted. But, it will still work. I'm thinking of seeing if I can paint blue candy color on it and if that will do something to help.
I baked my gingerbread for 12 minutes. Turned out okay, but a little soft. Put it back in for 10 minutes. Was stiffer. Two days later, it is soft again. It is raining outside, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But, this is for a gingerbread competition and it will not hold up if it is this soft. Why is it soft and what can I do?Thanks for the help.
Right, which is what I thought. But, when I melted the second set, they were in a seperate bowl, not touching the gingerbread. I melted them in the microwave. When they came out of the microwave, they were green. What would I have to melt to get blue?
I am making a gingerbread piece for a competition. There is a stained glass cross on one of the walls. When I baked the gingerbread, I put crushed blue jolly ranchers in the cross hole to achieve the blue stained glass look. When it came out, the window was green. So, I was wondering if someone who understood the chemistry of what happened could tell me why it turned green. I thought maybe it mixed with the gingerbread. But, I didn't have a thick enough window, so I...
Thanks! The candles weren't originally part of the plan , but I think they wound up looking pretty cool.The cake will be fine if you leave it out for a day. I leave my cakes out all the time. Just make sure it is not by a window in the direct sunlight, so it doesn't melt.