Posts by Hammonds

Can someone tell me what is the icing consistency for making the petal cake? I believe that you use the tip #12, but not sure if the icing needs to be thin like when you ice the cake or a little thicker? Thanks!
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong! I have seen some beautiful fall leaves made from candy melts. The suggestions were to use silk leaves that have been washed, coat them with melted chocolate, let cool ( I cooled mine in the freezer), then peel off the chocolate. Sounds easy enough, right? When I peeled off the chocolate, all of my leaves broke. So can someone please share what I am doing wrong, or give advice on a different approach? Thanks!
Love the tutorial! Thanks for the photos. Really helped out! Now I have courage to try!! Just curious...I have seen bows that have a trim on the edge of each side of each loop. How is this done? Any advice on how to achieve this look is appreciated!
Just wondering if you bake sugar cookies and decorate with RI, how many days ahead of time can they be made? If 3-5 days before the party, can they be wrapped and placed on the counter, or will they need to be frozen? Thanks for the advice!
This is probably a dumb question but how do you get the cake board of your bottom tier to stay attached to your covered board so that it won't slide around? Also do you add your bottom tier's border before or after you put it on the covered board? I guess I'm just not understanding. Please help!
Indydebi you sound like a really cool cake lady! You mentioned that you trim before flipping out of the pan. Please explain how you do that. I am having a time understanding. Is this to level it? Leveling in my hardest part!!!! I detest it!!!
poohsmomma is the contact paper not food safe? If not, can you place wax paper under your cake so that it's between your cake and the contact paper?
Oh thank you for helping me out!!! Now I can give it a try!!!
CWR41 this might be a really dumb question but how do attach the waxed paper to the cardboards? For example if I wanted to place my bottom tier on top of a cake board that I covered in wrapping paper ( I know I am not supposed to place a cake on top of wrapping paper due to chemicals in the paper) and wanted wax paper to be between the wrapping paper and cake, would I just use buttercream to keep it attached to the cake board and the paper so that the cake wouldn't...
Rhonda's recipe calls for a 15 oz. bag of mini marshmallows. I can 't find that. All I can find is a 10 oz bag of mini. So do I need 1-10oz bag and half of another 10 oz bag? Any suggestions?