Posts by Sonya

You can use the agbay to make topys turvy layers. I have never done it but here is a youtube link that shows you how.... the info for topsy turvy starts about 4:28 min into the video. HTH   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_UKoGzllU
Thank you zahnby! Reading this thread has made me kick myself in the butt when it comes to pricing. I always second guess myself when I give someone a quote. After reading this thread I actually sit down with my mom the other day and we went over my prices and made a new pricing structure and I called some bakeries around me to get a feeling of what they charge.... now I just have to stick to my pricing structure and not second guess myself.
Ok here is 2 Reese cup cakes I did. In this pic there is 2- 8" double layer rounds. White cake with swiss meringue buttercream with Nutella added in, melted choc poured on the sides, walnuts, and chopped up Reese cups on top. These cakes were for coworkers so I only charged $25.00 each.... ack! I have been going through my pricing structure because I have been having a hard time pricing my cakes but now any "speciality" cake I do, such as this one or my choc covered...
I have the little black kopykake one that I bought on ebay years ago and it spatters really bad. I actually just ordered the purple airbrush machine from decopac and it was delivered today but I havent had a chance to use it... Im so excited to use it, LOL! I work at a local grocery store as one of the decorators and we have the red kopykake one and it did give us a problem spitting one time but we ordered a new needle and it fixed it. Be careful with the needle exposed...
Your welcome! I hope it works. How have you been cleaning it? Do you just use water or do you use the cleaner for airbrushes? If you just use water try the airbrush cleaner it might work.
Before I would pay $90 to send them back I would change the needle. I know you said it doesnt look bent but the slightest bend that our eyes cant see can cause spatter. Thats what I would do.... HTH good luck :)
Ahhh thank you for your help! I will google Cubital Tunnel and read up on it. If I have any questions I will PM you. For the stripes on the cake Im going to be doing I think I will order the solid white pre rolled fondant sheet and use the ribbon cutter I have to cut the strips and then airbrush the colors I need. That way Im not mixing multiple colors of fondant with my hand. Thanks again for the help I appreciate it.... now off to read :)
Thanks! I went to the dr and he took a xray and said I have the start of arthritis in my shoulder and they have scheduled me to see a neurologist but I cant get in to see him until Sept. I also have shoulder and neck pain that runs into my head and gives me a headache everyday. My dr seems to think it is something going on with my neck as my ring finger and pinky finger stay numb all the time but not the other fingers. I also went and had a massage done and she said that...
Hi All! I have a question.... I am looking for pre rolled fondant sheets that is already cut into strips. I am doing a cake in a couple of weeks and I am going to be putting fondant stripes on the side of the cake in different colors. I would just color fondant and roll it out and cut the strips but my left hand has been swelling and going numb lately and I dont want to aggravate it more by coloring a bunch of fondant. I do order some cake stuff from Decopac and I called...
Thanks SmittyDitty! Im not sure how many people were at the party but the bottom layer (the zebra one) was left so people started taking cake home with them... including me I took a big ol chunk home, LOL!