Posts by Shim

I like the flavor of a DH butter cakemix and vanilla instant pudding but the batter is not enough to do what i wanted. Can i add instant pudding to a wasc recipe? If so how much should i use? how long should it bake and waht temp? and would the measurements be the same? e.g. 2 2/3 c water etc. Thanks!
 I like the flavor of a DH butter cakemix and vanilla instant pudding but the mix is not enough to do what i wanted. Can i add instant pudding to a wasc recipe? If so how much should i use? Thanks!
Does anyone have a tested and proven caramel cake recipe to share. I have tried several with disasterous results. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello I need some help desperately. I am making a white cake for a wedding, I love the King Arthur Elegant White cake but the batter is not enough to make a wedding cake, any advise on how to double the recipe or is there another good scratch white cake recipe you can suggest?Has anyone tried the Better White Scratch Cake recipe that is in the recipebox? According to the directions it makes about 10 cups, just the amount I need but I am hesitant to try it just in case it...
Any suggestions for sayings to put on a baby shower cake???
I am relatively new to cake decorating and I need some new ideas. I am getting a little bored with my butter cake and buttercream frosting. Can anyone share some exciting flavor combinations that got great reviews. Many thanks
I am relatively new to cake decorating and I need some new ideas.I am getting a little bored with my butter cake and buttercream frosting. Can anyone share some exciting flavor combinations that got great reviews.Many thanks
Thank you so much. I saw a couple on this site but wanted to get a recipe from someone who actually tried the recipe and got good results. I usually put instant pudding in my batter, shoul d I omit this step? Or will it still be ok with the extender?
The yellow cake recipe can be found at : http://www.epicurious.com/reci.....ews/109358
Here are some good scratch recipes I found on this site. They are not the ones you requested but good to have in your toolkit. My favourites are the double chocolate cake, the butter vanilla pound cake and there is a toba garret yellow cake that can be found on epicurion.com. If I can find it I will send it.As for the strawberry cake still looking for a good scratch recipe. If you get one please share it with me.The Butter vanilla pound cake found in the recipes section...