Posts by surfergina

Hello there, fellow CCers! It's been several months since I was here. There's so much going on with my life then. I want to ask you about how do you handle two jobs (one is full-time regular job and other one is cake decorating job).I have been able to decorate cakes and cookies for family and friends without any problem. One thing that I have NOT experience is to decorate a wedding cake, mainly because I'm not available on Saturday, due to working for post office...
I'm so HAPPY to hear that! I've had similar problem, too, and now I'm going to order Americolor black AND red. Thanks for sharing!
Funny, when I rolled and put it on the cake, it was still soft, not dry. I kept the cake in the cake box and deliver on the same day to ensure the freshness. The cake was sitting in the box, for like a couple of hours, and when I touched the fondant, it was dry. I made fondant flowers on it and they're dry and stiff. Should I be using the airtight container instead of using the cake box?
Wow, it's so nice to be here again. I've been MIA for several months due to busy schedule, holidays, etc. I miss y'all already!! So here's my question:I made my first fondant attempt on a flower-shaped birthday cake recently. I was surprised that I didn't have any difficulty at all, like easy to lift and put it on a cake, no cracking/tearing, etc. I'm pleased with the look on the cake and stuff like that, but I have some question that concerns me:1. I use Satin Ice...
I don't need it right away as of now, but I will be once I get my license. Never know what customer want and I need to order asap. It's frustrating to see how some company charged outraeous shipping and handling price for just one or two cookie cutters - they're lightweight!Since I'm a postal carrier, I can understand why $72 were charged for shipping/handling due to heavy weighted box, but cookie cutter that weighed no more than a pound and charge $10 for...
Awesome! I'm going to check it out - Thanks for sharing!
Really? What's her website address? I'm dying to see it and see if they have a good deal there. Thanks!
Opps, I was confused between ICES and OK Sugar show. Sorry
Hi, I just thought I like to share my finding of 4 inches Onesie cookie cutter, silver metal kind by shopping online. Here is a list of pricing analysis:Off Beaten Path .99 each , minimum order is $2.50 , s/h cost is unknown for each cutter.SugarCraft - noneCountryKitchen $1.25 , s/h $6.95 = $8.20FancyFlours - only offer copperKitchenGift - only offer copperFoose $1.50 + s/h 7.25 = $8.75KitchenKraft - noneCookieInSeattle $1.50 + s/h 6.50 = $8.00Ebay $2.27 + s/h 2.25 =...
Who are the winners of the cake decorating contest?