Posts by DeniseNH

I feel so badly for you but yes, you need to remove the strawberries or they'll definitely go gooshy and get slimy by Saturday.  You can put a bit of seedless strawberry jam in place of the fresh strawberries.  Sorry for the bad news but fresh fruit has a wicked short life.
I have no problems making a bark mold at my house with a tree from my property.  We all use "found" household items to make molds.  It's my husbands reaction I was trying to avoid.  He already says that I'm odd from sniffing all that white stuff ...............powdered sugar.  And being odd makes us much better artists.  We were born thinking outside every box.  :-)
And No, we can't tell you how much to charge for a cake.
Or, you can do what this Yankee (me) did.  Go out back with a can of Pam spray and a huge fist full of magic molding compound.  Spray the heck out of an area on a rough bark tree, slap the molding medium on and wait a half hour.  Run outside and rip it off before your husband sees what you're doing, wash the mold thoroughly and use.........worked for me.   And in the original photo, I totally agree that a mold was used on the bottom tier but not on the top two.  Looks like...
I've done clouds by placing a blob of icing on the end of a butter knife and applying that way.  There's really no way you can mess up a cloud because no two clouds are the same.  So just have fun.
I was building a vision in my head as I read it.  I would make the base color of the bottom cake a lime green color with hot pink chevrons.  Then reverse it for the top tier making it hot pink with lime green monogram.  Flowers on the top - slightly off center and cascading just a bit down the side.  And another grouping of flowers on the top of the first tier (opposite from he cascade on top).  I've forgotten what the infinity sign looks like but can you incorporate it on...
Thank you Mimifix.   Sometimes you can lead a horse to water but................well you know the rest.  :-)
Add more flour to your cupcakes and they won't look like mushrooms.  3/4ths of a cup extra should do it.  A little trick I learned over the years.  Also it sounds like you're filling your cups too full.  And the reason why they can't tell you how many cups of powdered sugar to use (exactly) is because different manufacturers of powdered sugar add differing amounts of  corn starch to their bags to prevent clumping and depending on where you live, you may need one cup less...
I color my own for light to medium colors but buy red, black and purple in the deeper shades.
YES by all means get an Agbay.  It's the only tool you'll use on ALL your cakes besides your mixer.  So in love with mine.