Posts by partiqueen

Have seen many sites and cake decorators list Disco Dust as a dust used as an accent on many finished cakes. It seems to have a high quality of sparkle and light. I have searched sites for Disco Dust and have only seen Pearl dust and the like. Does anyone have an idea what this is and where to get it? I think it will be great on colored cartoon characters and great sparkle for water. Thanks in advance
These cupcakes cakes are easier than you think. I first did one a year ago when a customer requested this new thing called a "cupcake layer cake". After a few researching nights I just decided to wing it. The easiest way is to bake c.cakes then decide if you want to put them together in a circle or some type of pattern on a cake board. Dab the bottom of c.cake with a bit of your icing (I use a 1/2 butter, 1/2 shortening recipe) to help them stay in the desired shape. ...
I have used both types of buttercream icings for my cakes and had the most success with the non-crusting ones. They are always "sticky" and you have time to do as you need to and finish up at the end once your cake is on the plate.