Posts by pish

Unfortunately, the answer is no.  In the state of Montana, you are not allowed to operate a bakery business from your residential kitchen.  You are able to have a completely separate kitchen within or attached to your home but there are stipulations to this (ie separate entrance, setic, etc.).   The best place to find information is through the health department of the county you are moving to - NOT the state.  I hope that helps!
try fancyflours.com. Little more expensive, but they have more size options.
At least they're making dummy cakes instead of using other decorators pictures which is what several "decorators" in my area are doing
Hi!I'm coloring Sugarveil for the first time and I have a specific color that I need to match it to. When I color it does ir "deepen" over time like BC or does it stay the same?Thanks!
Because my shop does not have it's own bathroom (right next to my house), is located in a very remote area and my husband would like to protect his and my children's privacy, I do exactly what you are talking about.I actually give the client the choice to either meet at their house or one of the local coffee shops. I initially contacted the shop, explained what I was doing and NEVER had a problem with any of them accomodating me. The fact that I buy drinks for all...
Wow, thanks for all the great ideas! On my way to experiment
Hi!I have a bride wanting this cake and I'm having a bit of trouble figureing out how the pattern on the ribbon is done. The described it as fondant impressed with a grid but I can't figure out where to find, how to do it so that I get the "lattice" look. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!
You can mix black and royal blue to get navy.
Thank you so much for sharing! I have been looking for something like this for a long time!
I agree with mamarobin. I charge more than that and I'm in Montana!