Posts by dvass

I've contacted KK and they told me to take the chips from an Epson cartridge and put it onto my edible ink ones. Has anyone tried that? I really don't want to buy the cartridges and change them out if it doesn't work. Seems I've invested enough money into this already and it's frustrating that it's not as simple as it should be.
Does anyone own a Epson printer for edible images? I recently bought a C88 Epson printer and the edible ink from KopyKake. When I tried to put the cartridges into the printer, I get an error message stating that I need to use Epson ink cartridges. I have a big order coming up and had planned on doing edible images on the cakes. Can anyone help?
Thank you for your suggestions. I was considering around $450-500 for this cake, but I wasn't sure if that was too expensive or not. Just needed some extra backbone to ask for that kind of money. Thanks everyone.
I'm going to have 12, 10, 8, and 6 inch inch cakes. Euros will be fine. I'm located in Germany and know the exchange rate to the dollar.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I am also driving it approximately 1 hour away to the wedding.
I'm making my first wedding cake for a friend of my mother's and I don't know how much I should charge her. The design is going to be alot like the picture shown, but with four tiers. I am figuring that I will have to take at least 3 days off of work to bake, decorate, and assemble the cake as long as I have all 350+ royal flowers made before hand. Should I charge the pay I'd loose plus some? Any advice would be helpful.
I always grease my cake pans with crisco, then line the bottom with wax paper. I then grease the wax paper and flour the whole pan. Don't know exactly where I got this idea, but all my cakes seem to come out easier without breaking.
First off, there is a cake in the Valentine's contest called A Basket Of Berries for Mom which is gorgeous and the basket top has been discussed in another forum, but I would like to know how the handle is made.I'm assuming it's out of fondant, but how does it keep its form? I have some ideas of using pipe cleaners or wires, but is that correct?