Posts by CakesByLJ

I am about to make a recipe and plan to use brown sugar...   How much sugar did you use in the recipe?  What flavoring, and how much did you add?  (making a standard recipe with 10 egg whites)   Thanks~!
Sweet Dreams... I still use this as my go to for white cake. I love this recipe and have never had it fail me. I have also used it and changed the flavors on many occasions. Cupcakes are excellent also. There were lots of opinions, and variations on this recipe, so just so you know which I settled on after several tweakings.... 2 1/2 cups cake flour (250g/sifted) 1 2/3 cups sugar (333g) 1 Tbl & 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup...
That sounds easy enough.. How much peanut butter (approximately) do you put in? I am thinking 1 part peanut butter/4 parts smbc.. what do you think? too much/too little?
I, too, am pre-ordering the new book. As anxious as I am to get my hands on it, it is cheaper at Amazon.. (It actually went on sale yesterday at the gift shop there) sky high has so many recipes I have yet to try, but getting to them one at a time. My next venture will be either the coconut cake, or the banana cake with praline filling; her method of making sugar pecans is very different, and I love experimenting..
I have made the Vanilla Buttermilk cake, and the Strawberry Butter cake. Both are wonderful. Alisa Huntsman (sky high) is the Pastry Chef at The Loveless Cafe, here in Nashville; she has a new book that will be released in September, http://www.amazon.com/dp/1579654347/ref=pe_143810_20877000_snp_dt1
What is the fairy cut software?
What a wonderful list, and thank you, Susan, for taking the time to share with us..
dawncr.. thanks for sharing that link; interesting results indeed. I couldn't help but notice that the winner seems to be the most popular by far..
I got this recipe from Roland Winbeckler (he used it on a cake competition show) I have made it a few times, and it is very good.. French Vanilla Sour Cream Cake2 1/2 cups sifted flour1 tsp salt1 1/2 cups sugar1 Tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder1/4 cup butter, softened1/3 cup vegetable oil3 whole eggs, room temperature1/2 cup lukewarm water1 small pkg dry instant vanilla pudding mix1 cup sour cream1 tsp vanillaPreheat oven to 325; combine by hand flour, salt, sugar and baking...
Not sure exactly what you are looking for...... but you can make your favorite German Chocolate cake batter, and the coconut-pecan filling mix (prepared beforehand and cooled); then add about a cup of the filling mix into your cake batter and bake....... works beautifully. I top mine off with a Chocolate buttercream, and you can cover in fondant if you want to.. hth