Posts by cashley

Hello everyone. I am now working with Icing Smiles to bring this wonderful non profit organization to Canada.Icing Smiles is a nonprofit organization that provides custom celebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by the critical illness of a child. We understand that the simple things, like a birthday cake, are luxuries to a family battling illness. Our goal is to create a custom cake for the ill child, or their sibling, that provides a temporary escape...
Equal to 2 2/3 cups HTH
Came out 6 1/4 X 2 1/2 on my computer which would seem about right. You did an awesome job
That is the problem with riding the cake on your lap. The safest place is in the trunk of your car. I use a rubber mat under my cakes and they do not slide. If your support system is good it will take the minor mishaps that you have delivering. If you have it on your lap you will tend to grab the cake or be pushed forward into the cake with a hard stop. Sorry this has happened to you, sometimes I wish I could have a flashing light on top of my car with cake on delivery.
Link comes up as virus
I had not heard of these either. I went and read most of the articles that 2 people were so nice to share. They all pretty much said that you cannot put icing on the cakes and they have to be sealed when warm. I would let your bride know that it will just be cake in the jar. As suggested pick a flavour that is tasty and they won't miss the icing. Good luck I think it is a great idea.
Here it is hope this helpshttp://cakecentral.com/gallery/1356882/baby-cowboy-boot-template
If you put it in a closed container the candy may have collected moisture from the icing. You could have used fondant for the beaks which would have worked too. Maybe your candy was not thin enough and too heavy.
You can put them on a round cake but you have to make them to fit the side of the cake. If you make your plaque using the side of the cake pan as your guide it will work. Have you thought of using fondant for the plaque it might be easier. The plaques will last a long time off the cake but if you put them on buttercream it will start to melt the royal icing.
I was going to say that your fat ratio and liquids are wrong for icing. I use 2lb icing sugar to 2 cups of high ratio. I then use about 1/4 of water and flavouring which is usually 1 tsp per pound of icing sugar. If you want to use more flavouring then you should decrease your water. Try another recipe and then try the rosettes again.