Posts by bridgett413

I haven't been on in awhile, but I popped on this morning looking for this exact question. Both of my boys birthdays are this weekend so I'm trying to bake now. As far as wrapping the cake, do I wrap it as soon as it comes out of the oven, or do I wait and let it cool first? I have one in the oven now!
Ok, I am just about finished with my SIL's bridal shower cake. I just need to write something on it. What do you typically put on a bridal shower cake? Congratulations (not sure if I even have room), Best Wishes, something else entirely that my incredible tired brain won't think of? Please Help!!
Ok, I am just about finished with my SIL's bridal shower cake. I just need to write something on it. What do you typically put on a bridal shower cake? Congratulations (not sure if I even have room), Best Wishes, something else entirely that my incredible tired brain won't think of? Please Help!!
Thank you both so much for your help! For some reason I didn't get an email saying I had replies and I checked this morning and found your responses. This is a huge help. As usual, you guys are the best!
My grandmother's 80th birthday is coming up and instead of a large tiered cake I think we are going to go with cupcakes on a stand. I really like Doug's idea in a previous thread about using the square cake dummies and covering those. My question is this-how do you know what size dummies you'll need? We are looking at probably 80 cupcakes. I like the look of 3 tiers of cupcakes, but am very open for any suggestions as to sizing and tiers. Thanks so much for your help!
Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a total loss here!
Ok guys, I need some help. I have a jungle themed birthday cake for a 6 year old this week. The majority of the design is going be going around the sides of the cake, so I was trying to come up with a cute saying for the top of the cake other than "happy 6th birthday Jack." But being 31 weeks pregnant my creativity well is dry (my husband actually even designed most of the cake). Does anyone have any ideas what else I could write? The mom says he's especially into monkeys....
I really feel for you and that bride. I just can't even imagine-of course I have a total gem for a husband. As for the cheap mom-it would be all or nothing for her, especially after the way the phone call went. As for Taco Bell, I have gone to Burger King only to be told they are completely out of all burger patties. Actually I've had this happen at 2 different locations around here. One did still have whoppers, but it was for my then 2 year old.
snowshoe, what do the paramount crystals do? I make chocolate covered Easter eggs and dip them in the chocolate almond bark, but usually have a problem keeping it the right consistency. Do the paramount crystals help anytime you are dipping? Thanks!
Have you tried drawing with an icing bag? I can not draw a stick figure on paper to save my life, but for some reason I have found that I can do all types of things with icing. I have found myself drawing boxes of crayons, copying designs from party plates and all sorts of other things that I could never do on paper. Give it a try on a practice cake-you may be surprised.