Posts by didi5

Refrigerating a fondant covered cake is ok. If when you take it out of the fridge it starts sweating, just make sure you don't touch the cake and it will be ok.
Your cake is so precious Shelly! I agree with most people here. The easiest way would be to use gum paste or combination of gum paste and fondant. I have use just fondant too and it worked out fine.
How about coloring it a dark brown or black colour? Do you think you can use those colour on your next cake?
How about coloring it a dark brown or black colour? Do you think you can use those colour on your next cake?
I always use the recipe posted here:http://www.make-fabulous-cakes.com/chiffon-cake.html
I use a chiffon cake all the time under fondant and I never had problems with it.
I just line the bottom of the pan with just parchment paper. I find that my cakes rise higher because it clings to the sides of the pan.
You can always make cake balls or cake pops with the scraps!
Yes! It was like Tootsie rolls! Had some leftover and guess what I'm munching on now? lol... Ready made choco marshmallows sounds good, I think you have better chances these not getting too dry. But I haven't seen them in this part of the world. So, for next time I'm going to try melting choco chips. Thanks for that idea!
I had a chance to try chocolate MMF this weekend. I just added cocoa powder to the melted marshmallows. Mine didn't really get that dark, maybe I should have added more. The recipe I used was half a pound of MM and I added up to 4 tbsp. of cocoa. I had to add brown and a bit of black colour. I found that the MMF was a bit dry and hard to work with. But it tastes marvelous! I always find myself taking a piece !