Posts by didi5

Your cookies are looking good! Don't worry about the icing. When I tried it for the first time, it looked thick to me too. I think it's just the way it is. wish I can have one right now...yum!
You lucky, lucky girl. I wish there's a celebrity cake decorator that lives who gives classes around here. I am so jealous! Just curious though how much do you pay for the classes and what do they teach there? Can't seem to find that info on her website.
Thanks antonia for sharing!
That is so cute!!!! I just wanna take her home!
I am curious about this topic as well and Antonia you gave us great information. My question is how do you do five different kinds of cake the night before? That's awful lot of baking for me. .. Plus add making the buttercream. Can you share your process for this? Do you make the buttercream ahead of time? Also, can you share the flavours that you make? Are the flavours just a variation of the same batter? ( I don't know if I'm making sense but pls. bear with...
You're welcome and keep us posted
Hi there. I went to a bridal show a couple weeks back with my sister who's getting married this summer. I'll give you an account of what I saw. There were three cake booths (that I was aware of). First booth that I saw was filled with cake dummies, about 6 to 8, but there was nobody in the booth. There were a few business cards scattered and the set up was to tight to go around. I saw people just looked at it and passed by. The next time I passed at this booth, the...
oops... I guess i didn't really check what the others had posted. Seems like it's the same recipe as what kcsmom gave. Sorry!
Hi Rexy,I tried out this recipe from epicurios.com called the Tiramisu Wedding cake and it was really good. Here's the link http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/289?id=289It uses cream cheese ( which is a cheaper alternative) rather than the traditional mascarpone. I made half a recipe using two 8"square pans. I would use pastry flour instead of all purpose flour. I find the cake was a bit hard. There were a bit icing leftover so I made a small bowl and...
I saw your cake pictures and they are just fine. I think you are doing very well for someone who taught herself how to do the basics. I think it all down to practice! practice! practice! I would just wait for the Toba Garretts class. Lucky you.... I am sooo jealous! However, if you already paid for the wilton class, will you get your money back? If not, then just go for it. If you at least learn one thing new then maybe it's worth it.I went to pastry school but...