Posts by Compass

Okay I have two questions first does anyone know of a good fondant recipe? Preferably one that doesn't use glucose or substitutes glucose for corn syrup? Okay next question is I know that when fondant is refrigerated fondant softens up and that's not how it's supposed to be... so if you make a cake a couple of days ahead and refrigerate it can you leave it out and then have it harden a couple of hours before you serve it? Or do you do something else? Any help is...
Is there a trick to getting frosting a deeper color? I bought a small variety of Wilton liquid food coloring jars and it seems with black red and blue no matter how much I put in it won't become a deep color. Also do the dust food colorings work better or can you only use those on other things? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -Julie
I'm interested in trying the method of using rice paper to trace images onto and then pipe over. Is anyone familiar in exactly what to do or has anyone tried it and is it successful? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks! -Julie