Posts by cindww

Hey all, I agreed to do this themed cake thinking, how hard can it be? I do not know the show that well and am having trouble finding any inspiration. Does anyone have any ideas?Thanks so much!Cindy
Can anyone else help with this? Have you refrigerated a cake with gumpaste/fondant roses? Thanks!
Hey all!I've got a 3 tier cake (10", 8" and 6") fondant covered cake that I will decorate and assemble tomorrow for delivery on Saturday morning. The wedding is not until Sunday afternoon. Can this cake safely be refrigerate? As I said, it is to be 3 tiers covered in white Satin Ice with a cascade of fondant/gumpaste roses down it and pink fondant ribbon border.. Any advice would be appreciated!
Has anyone used this product and can share a picture of what the roses look like on a cake? I thought the roses would be pretty as a border on an upcoming cake...Thanks!Cindy[/url]
Some of your responses have made me laugh out loud, thanks for that!!
I know my brother was only trying to help out a friend by purchasing some of her cupcakes for our shindig. He is a nice guy..plus, I think he has a little crush on this girl.. I guess now that I've been able to sleep on it, I don't feel as upset, but I do still feel a little stung. It was hard for me when I found out last night because it made me feel so petty and I knew I couldn't say anything to any of the parties involved. My hubby didn't understand. I tried using the...
Hey kjt, we share a birthday..happy belated!! And thanks for your post..
Just wanted to make one more point. I have no intention of NOT doing the cake for my grandmother. She loves my cakes and I enjoy doing them too much to not do one for her!! If you look in my photos, you'll see the one I did for her last year..its 3 or 4 tiers (can't remember which) with crystals shooting out the top..I pretty much do the whole party, from choosing the decorations and theme to paying for most everything.. (well, except for the vegan cupcakes!! ha!), set...
THanks for the replies, guys.. Knowing my brother, it didn't occur to him that he'd be stepping on my toes. Just wanted to help out his friend..but when my mom was telling me how delicious these vegan cupcakes are (bearing in mind, not even one vegan will be in attendance at said party, but whatever) and how beautifully decorated they are.. i was like, "Why is he doing that?". I mean, the long and short of it is that I don't want anyone else's creation to take away from...
Hey all,Just wanted to share something that happened tonight that made me feel kind of sad. I guess I'm looking for some of my fellow decorators to tell me that I'm not a petty jerk for being upset about this...Okay, here it is in a nutshell. Every year, I throw a party for my grandmother to celebrate her birthday. Family comes in from all over the country and I always do the cake. I look forward to this all year and think months ahead to what kind of cake I'm going to do....